Temporary Workaround for "speakers for calls"

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by Sparky1010, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Sparky1010

Sparky1010 New Member

It may be a little expensive, 35 buckish.
    I hope its ok to make a new thread about it.
    Going to bed soon.
    Just thinking about ways to get a "speaker" working for the Ipod touch.
    Make a quick video, sorry, in my boxers, I'm tired <_<
    After I made the video, I thought of another way to get it working as well.
    If you have an old pair of headphones that connect to the radio, just headphones, I have an old pair of Nintendo ones, you can send the signal to them.
    Also, with the old mp3 player i have (iRiver Clix), it can record radio as well, so you can record the conversation your having too...
    Sorry about while the music was playing, you couldn't hear me well, was just saying that with it sending the signal, you have room on your 30 pin connector to attach your touchmods mic.
    If I can find one of my friend's Ipods to use, (Old nano I think it is) I will try and connect my bluetooth headset to it, and then have it look for radio signals.. I think theres a program for it.. not really sure off my head.
    Hope it helps someone..

http://filesmelt.com/Filehosting2/downloader.php?file=100_0009.MOV
  2. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just saw the video, and I think this is very impractical. Carrying two mp3 players is redundant - instead, the route I would go is to buy a heaphone splitter. That way, you could plug the ipod headphones into one jack and the speakers into the other, and still have your touchmods mic plugged in. Then, when a call comes in, you will hear the ringtone through the speakers (it will also come out the headphones, but you wont hear it), and you can then either use the headphones for a private call or the speakers for a form of speakerphone.
  3. Sparky1010

Sparky1010 New Member

Seems more logical, I haven't take much of a liking to wires since I got my headphones.
  4. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    True, wireless is better than wired, but a splitter was the easiest solution i could think of. Maybe there is a BT device that can be paired with 2 devices at once? Highly doubt that though.
  5. Sparky1010

Sparky1010 New Member

Felt like reviving this thread with the simplist idea.

Whatcha need:
    Old pair of earbuds (that work).
    Touchmods mic (or modded mic of your choice)
    SIP account
    DLO - Jam Jacket w/ Cord Management and SurfaceShields for Apple iPod touch - Black

I bought my case at Bestbuy, like 22 bucks.

http://filesmelt.com/Filehosting2/downloader.php?file=100_0018.MOV

Btw running Firmware 1.1.4 and SIP-VOIP 1.2.
  6. justit

justit New Member

I stand corrected

For those pulling your hair trying to get built-in piezo speaker to work, the piezo speaker did NOT do voice, only beeps as you mentioned in your other post. I actually had my headphones in the back just like your video and heard the audio and you know the rest...