Temperature warning

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Spectre057, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Spectre057

Spectre057 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I got this when booting my ipod touch because i turned it off and left it on a chair and it got hot af. It just wouldn't let me get past the initial slide to unlock it only allowed me to slide for emergency. I didn't know iDevices had this feature, just figured i'd share my findings.
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    This screen?

[​IMG]

It's normal if your device becomes too hot. Turn your iOS device off and let it cool down if you receive a message similar to above.

I didn't know the iPod has an emergency slider though.
  3. biikmans

biikmans Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    This happened to my daughters 4 month old touch, about a minute after being turned on. After a few times we took it to Apple and they replaced it, citing a defective battery after a diagnostics check.
  4. TOT_tomdora

TOT_tomdora Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You had an emergency slider? What sorcery is this?
  5. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    In my line of experience I don't hear about it too often but I have seen people having this occur.

From what I can get is that the chances of this happening depends on what is at stake.

If you have your brightness maxed out and you're playing a heavy duty game that is graphic extensive and CPU extensive then that can definitely heat your iDevice quickly.Also using it for a long period of time and overloading it with tasks.

I haven't ever had it happen but I usually don't do anything extensive.I typically just read,surf,and play music.

I also keep my brightness all the way down except a tad so it pops out a bit more.Doing this will have your battery loving you for letting it rest easier cause if you max that puppy out bah bye battery life.Plus it hurts my eyes if its too high.
  6. br0sk1

br0sk1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I had this happen with my phone when I was using it as a webcamera. Needless to say I never used that app again lol. Probably didn't help it was wrapped up in an otterbox either..
  7. samw40

samw40 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    My iPod touch 2G never overheats on its own, but when I'm using a thick case and running an intensive app that screen shows up from time to time.
  8. Shalibear

Shalibear New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This happened to me when the battery pack to my laptop charger ended up on top of my itouch. I was scared; I thought I had fried the insides. lol
  9. Spectre057

Spectre057 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    oohhh the emergency slider the sorcerery i casted was lvl 3 plist hacking. phoney true I think?