Tell the story about your iPod touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by I_am_Mad_like_This, Jan 20, 2008.

1. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

It all started when I heard rumors od a touch screen 6th generation iPod rumor. I got quite excited. So I saved money for this rumored iPod. And after all this saving, my cousin tells me about the new iPods, stuff like the iPod nanos are so ugly now and whatever (btw, i will buy an iPod nano, its not ugly to me). But my choice was an iPod classic. When I found out it was a hard drive iPod. I aimed low for the iPod nano and had dilemmas on which color I should get. When My birthday was coming, and my dad said he will give me 70 dollars to buy what I want, I knew I can add that to my iPod savings to reach for the new iPod touch. I researched about it, got so happy and wanted the 16GB version, 8GB was a bit small for me. When december came, and my cousins come here for the holidays, I request them to buy the new iPod touch Specifically the 16GB week 38+ (the one with 7...5, not 7...4) because I knew that the old ones were plagued with problems. When they came, I got the 8GB week 37 ones. Luckily they were not defective. but 7.3GB is too small since my brother has a new iPod classic and I steal some of his music from his computer. But I was cool. I jailbroke it the next day because my dad did some filtering with MAC addresses to only accept the ones he chose, he is very busy so I can't connect to the internet until he has time. I did the instructions from ipodtouchmaster05's video (yeah) did the 1.1.2 jailbreak with the oktoprep and stuff. No problems so far, I'm very glad. Everything goes well. When I install the BSD subsystem for test, and saw the flaws with it, I tried to uninstall it which I could not do. So i had to rejailbreak it, which took a very long time. Then comes this 20 dollar iPhone apps, 1.1.3 firmware and SDK thing, yeah. I am still 1.1.2 btw. What about yours?
  2. seveniron

seveniron New Member

Originally I had an iRiver 5GB H10. It served me very well for a few years. The battery started to hold less of a charge so instead of buying a new battery I decided it was time for a new player. My son and I went out looking at iPod's before Christmas. The plan was to get him a 160 GB classic model and one for me as well to replace the iRiver. Then we saw the Touch. We were both very impressed. The next day I went and bought two, one for him and one for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

. His is jailbroken, and mine is not. I have the 1.1.3 upgrade.

Thanks to everybody in this forum for all the info. I seem to learn something new every day!
  3. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

I was intrigue by the iPods since it was released in 2001 or so. Given it was only for the Mac at the time, I knew I wanted one sooner or later. I knew HD based MP3 players were the future of portable music. But with every release of iPods over the years, there was something missing. And I needed to wait for the next model. This went on with every release. Finally I gave up & got the 16gb Touch. My best purchase so far.

4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had a Creative Zen Vision: M.
    It broke.
    I went to Best Buy and bought the iPod.

Boring I know, but that's about it.
  5. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

Went to Target to buy my wife an iPod Nano. The Clerk showed us the new 8GB Touch and my eyes glazed over with technolust.

I bought the Touch.
    I bought a case for it, then another case, then another case with some screen protectors. Then I bought an iPod/FM transmitter for the car. Then I bought a clutsy ugly bluetooth transmitter for it and some Insignia bluetooth headphones. Works, but drains the Touch's battery quickly.

I realized my music collection would not entirely fit in the Touch's memory, so I bought a new Zune 80GB. Nicely, the Zune plays movies I had already converted for my Touch.

I bought a dock/clock for the Touch, then a speaker dock for the Zune. It Bothered me that to listen to either device I had to park them in a dock, and I didn't have docks everywhere I went. My ears don't like wearing in-the-ear headphones.

Amazon.com put the new Samsung 8GB YP-P2 touchscreen A/V player on sale for <$200. It has built-in bluetooth. It has a higher-resolution screen than the Touch. Bought one. Today I found a belt-clip case for it. I already have bluetooth headphones, so I also bought a bluetooth iPod dock-adapter and a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver for my home stereo. I picked up a second transmitter/receiver to use with the AUX input of my Zune speaker dock.

Apple decided to disrespect early Touch buyers with their $20 apps charge. In protest I took my Touch back to Target and got a refund. One of the cases fits the new Zune. Two cases are for sale. I may buy a new Touch with the 1.1.3 Apps already installed once they come out. I can save an additional 10% at Target. I may be able to buy my old Touch back in their marked-down open box section unless someone beats me to it. Almost every store has the Touch on sale right now.

Either way, the Samsung P2 is my player of choice. Right now it's in my pocket. Music from it is playing from my iPod clock/dock via bluetooth. When I walk into the kitchen, it's music starts playing on the Zune Dock. When I walk into the living room it's music starts playing on the home stereo. They are working on a sleek add-on to add wifi, FM tranmittion, and an SD card slot to the P2. I'll be the first to get one.

BTW, I got my wife an iPod Nano for Christmas. She has it parked in an alarm clock/dock, and wakes up to Nano music every morning.
  6. xX945Xx

xX945Xx New Member

i was goining to buy a Zune 80GB i was searching like crazy until i find it on Target but, i see that i have $400 so i buy iPod Touch 16GB.
  7. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I initially loathed iPod's. Hated seeing people on the bus with the white earbuds. "Mug me! I have an iPod!" The iPod offered absolutely nothing to me that other MP3 players didn't. In fact other ones were better as I could just plug them in and copy, not relying on iTunes. (Didn't know you could use iPod's with other software then.)

Then early last year I bought this portable media player. Paid $200, but with the firmware from another device it became a $500 device. Did everything the iPod did PLUS it has a camera, video camera, audio recording, TV in and out etc... I laugh at your iPod...

Then the iPhone came out. Was impressed with the interface but hate cellphones and had no interest. Not that it's available in Canada anyway.

Then the iPod Touch was debuted. My main argument against iPod's was gone (it offering nothing I couldn't find elsewhere). Here was a device LIGHT YEARS ahead of everything else out there. I'd been wanting wireless internet for a while now. Debated getting a PSP but have no real interest in another gaming device. (I have a DS, which I can't play as it causes my hands to cramp.) The seeds were largely sown by the promo video on Apple's website (with the Asian dude and his odd vocal inflections). Must have watched it multiple times.

Then, the tipping point... I had a mishap on my media player. It slipped from my hands about a foot onto a carpeted floor. I picked it up. THE SCREEN COVER WAS BROKEN! (This was with a screen protector!) From such a pathetic fall (and the descent was slowed by the charging cable) the device now had a huge bullet hole in it that had spiderwebbed over a quarter of the screen. That was it, I had to have an iPod Touch. I took this as a sign. I've always cut corners with devices. Picked up cheap ones that only sold 3 other boxes... This moment indicated to me how stupid that was. Having a hugely popular device is a GOOD THING. Had it been an iPod screen, I could probably have easily fixed it. But because it was made by Chinese orphans and they only ever made about 10 of them, I was boned.

Wound up having my credit card limit raised and got my wife and kids to get it for me for Christmas. Was happy to have the device in it's "Apple" state, no jailbreak. Was waiting for a "killer app" to come along to make me hack it. Turned all I needed was Jobs being a greedy SOB.
  8. x6blues

x6blues New Member

ok ok, any1 with a weak heart shouldnt read this. the excitement may kill u. i saw it online. preordered it. then it came...crazyness i no.i just couldnt believe it.
  9. THaToNeGuY

THaToNeGuY New Member

i bought my psp hacked, made themes, bricked it (deleted flash0)
    resurrected with pandora's battery.
    i accedently ripped out the little white plug on the motherboard for the charger
    threw it away..

bought a touch

came with dock adaptor, ipod, cable, headphones, manuals...
    missing a stand...
    missing apple stickers...
    still havent complained
  10. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Mine is soo awesome,

I asked it for christmas and geuss what

I GOT IT!!!