Tell me what you think. (new Pc)

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by jetracer, Feb 25, 2009.

1. jetracer

jetracer Member

EVGA 132-YW-E178-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI FTW ATX Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80580Q9400
    G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500
    ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler

To start using a 7600gt graphics card.
    Then coming later, a 1TB WD Drive 32mb cache. 7200rpm
    via chipset sata/pata card for my extras
    evga GTX 260
    Then maybe a second gtx 260 and a third next year.

Running on my Vizio 22inch Full hd tv/monitor via hdmi.

Tell me what you think comments and suggestions welcome.
  2. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    looks good, make sure you get a nice power supply. To run all that your gonna need some serious power.

Corsair makes a nice 1000Watt Modular power supply. I would get a modular one only cause you will have a pretty full case ad with modular it is much easier to manage the cable.

Tho for less money you can get a 3.0Ghz or more Dual Core. I dont know what your plan is for this, but most programs are not optimized to use Quad Core CPU's. The E8400 or E8500 are worth a look.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Sadly it still runs windows but looks good.
  4. 560cool

560cool Member

whoa man, there is much electricity right there, make sure you get a good power supply, and make sure you don't burn any things in your PC!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jetracer

jetracer Member

I have a decent 500watt to start. kinda budgetting this one. I plan on running hackintosh at least on one of my 6 six hdds.. which is why i need the sata/pata card

Please Register or Log in to view images

3 pata 3 satas.. 2 laptop drives gonna raid 0 them there exactly the same. im on one now on my bros computer. hehe
    but once i start piling things on ill prolly grab a nice 750-1000watt modular of course. i hate the mess of cables i have now. its a pain. im just throwing everything in my mid tower case. i measured everything will fit fine. Yes even the GTX =] i have about half an inch to spare after power cables.

I was thinking of dual core but id rather be future proof. I plan on light gaming for the time being, mainly watching HD movies and such. Im a mutimedia/college guy, so this will do me fine for my multitasking, running itunes, movies, coding, programing, and whatever else im doing, aim is constantly on as if firefox.
    When i take the plunge to the GTX then ill step it up, i just need an upgrade from my max res of 1280x1024 when my montior pushes 1920x1080. i hate not using the full potential which is why i stole my bros for the night. Thanks for the comments guys/gals!

But you think the dual core would suit me better?