Tell Apple what we want!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by benw, Jan 16, 2008.

1. benw

benw New Member

I suggest heading over to Apple, and leaving them a comment in their product response page (here), telling them that we won't stand for this terrible treatment of some of their most loyal customers!
  2. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I Will Even Though I Didnt Update!!!111!!!!1!1!??
  3. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

Been there. Done that.

Not sure it will do any good, but it didn't hurt to try.

I sure do like the Mail app. I've got four email accounts and was able to add them all to it. Maps is OK, but with so few official (identified) wifi hotspots in my town my location can't be found. Notes is OK if you're in need and can type reasonably well on the touch keyboard. Weather isn't as informative as just putting a Home Screen bookmark on your screen for www.weather.com/iphone/. I don't own any stocks so that App is useless to me.

I was able to get all my mail before as webmail using safari, so even the mail app isn't critical. My conclusion? The 1.1.3 apps aren't worth another $19.95, Apple. I want my money back!
  4. luvs2touch

luvs2touch New Member

reposting this..

oh come'on.. you bought an ipod touch, you get what you pay for, mind you its an IPOD TOUCH.. not a mail or weather device or w/e..

if you guys claim that the apps shoulda came on the touch, you guys are surely mistaken, greately.. if you wanted the damn apps that bad, why dident you buy an iphone?.

the ipodtouch just happnens to have wifi, and its NOT the iphone, so apple gives you a choice, pay for them, or just enjoy your ipod touch..

..people just expect everything to be handed over to them free...

i payed 100$ more for my iphone, and i have those apps...and a phone.. and now IPT users should have those for FREE!?..imo, i dont think so..
    (even though with jailbreak you can have em for free anyway)

ipod touch= ipod, not iphone.. you have an ipod., the other apps are an optional add-on
  5. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

iPhones don't have any service in my town, so nobody sells them here and they won't work here if you DO happen to have one.

For the price I paid for my Touch, anyone right now can get one with the $20 worth of apps already installed. So the minute Apple said I had to pay another $20, I have no longer gotten what I paid for. I bought the Touch for it's wifi, music, video, and obviously upgradable potential. BTW, original Zune owners got a free upgrade when Microsoft created better software for their newer Zunes. I just picked up a Samsung P2, and the minute I got it installed it offered me a free upgrade to software that would better take advantage of it's potential. Apple gave their Apple TV owners a free upgrade to improve the perfomance. They gave iPhone owners a free upgrade.

It has also been revealed that the iPhone was always intended to be a better device than it was when shipped. It was rushed to the market to meet demand and knowing it still had potential to be better. Steve Jobs ADMITTED that it is still a work in progress, and by extension still is the Touch.

So the industry standard, even with Apple, is to provide FREE updates to previous owners of a device when they come out with improvements for currently shipping models.

Yes, I can pay $20. I already did, in fact. Yes I could jailbreak it and get them for free, buy it invalidates my warranty and stealing those apps is illegal in most places. My point is that no one owning an iPod Touch should be asked to pay $20 for apps that are "what you pay for" if you buy a new one.

Go buy a Touch without the new apps, then see how you feel about being asked to pay another $20 to get them. When you're actually in that situation I'll respect your opinion, luvs2touch.
  6. luvs2touch

luvs2touch New Member

had, a touch..got rid of it for an iphone..and im glad i did

Please Register or Log in to view images

btw, u can buy an iphone and unlock it.. Lol..

and my freinds alredy bought the apps, why is 20$ such a big deal for people?.. its called buisness.. lol..

20$ is what people spend on a meal somedays.. or at the movies..so quit whining and just pay?