Teleport app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wootsters, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Wootsters

Wootsters New Member

Hey guys.

My whole issue with the teleport app is:

It works fine when im at home using my wireless network. The same one that the computer that im VNC'ing too is on the same network.

Whenever i use a different wireless network, such as public ones, friends houses, etc, the teleport app will not connect. I didnt change the settings or anything, but every time it refuses to connect. Only when im not at home.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

well this is probably because youre behind a router. this means that the configuration is different. instead of using an ip tht looks like 192.168.x.x (local ip supplied by your router) you should be using an ip like 72.834.122.42 or some sh*t like taht. thats your actual ip adress you can find taht in sites like ipchicken.com

then after you get this ip adress, you need to go into your router and forward the vnc port to your local ip that belongs to your computer. you can find this ip by going into command prompt and typing in "ipconfig/all" aand look for the one tht says wireless. this is done on a windows by the way i dont have a mac so i cant tell you how to do it in there. but yeah this is what i did and it worked fine. i was able to access my home computer in puerto rico from my friends network in kyoto, japan!!! true it was kinda laggy and i had some problems with the connection but this was due to distance. but hey at least it works. tell me if this doesnt work for you and ill try to help you the best i can

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Wootsters

Wootsters New Member

worked like a charm man. thanks!!