Telekinesis for windows OS?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Striker9, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Striker9

Striker9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Remote control for Windows OS?

Is there an app similar to telekinesis that I could use with XP or Vista?

Edit: Found vnsea and this: http://cre.ations.net/creation/webvnc---remote-desktop--vnc-on-your-iphone

What I would like to see:

On the pc:
    An app like vnc that receives button presses remotely.

On the Touch:
    Just a simple app with multiple buttons that can send button presses to a program running on a pc such as autohotkey.
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, I think there two things here...

1) Telekinesis (aka iPhone Remote) is a cool non-native app that allows you to setup controls on your Mac - you can access files, take screenshots, remotely control certain applications, etc. No Windows version, though, and the Mac version is no longer in development (unfortunately). Code, however, is available if someone wanted to move it forward...

2) VNC works on Mac, Windows, Linux and a lot more. With VNC you get full control of your computer as if you were sitting right in front of it. If you've jailbroken, install VNSea on your iPod Touch. For Windows, you can use UltraVNC server or RealVNC server. For Mac, you can use the Apple Remote Desktop in the Sharing Preference Pane. For Ubuntu/Gnome, you can use the Remote Desktop Preference. All will give you remote access...

Telekinesis - Nothing installed on your iPod Touch. Access to files on your iPod Touch (e.g., can stream media). But can't control everything on the desktop

VNC - Have to install applications. No streaming, but otherwise, full control of the computer.
  3. Striker9

Striker9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I understand the difference between vnc and telekinesis, I have ultravnc and vnsea running right now.
    What I want is just a simple interface that looks like a remote control with media controls for windows media player or vlc. I'm not sure if this would be possible with something like apache and Php running on the pc.
  4. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

(off-topic)
    screw vnc.

i wish there was a possibility that there was a port of termnial services from a WM5/WM6 device over to the ipod touch (WM6 version preffered). id rather have something that would resize to fit the desktop/workarea to the ipods screen and stream sounds from the client machine to the ipod (terminal services supports both of these features)...
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, I'm sure it is possible just based on Telekinesis - I'd go post in the app ideas forum to see if someone is up to the task - http://www.ifans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55
  6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As per "screw vnc" - terminal services in Windows are nice and all, but since I'm running Windows, OS X and Ubuntu on three computers, VNC FTW... I was able to remotely control all three from a hotel room 2,000 miles away when I was on a business trip...

Sorry about the stupid double-post

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

i guess VNC is good to use if you use other operating systems, but for windows, terminal services would definatly "own".
  8. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch