Teixeira Signs with Boston

Discussion in 'Sports' started by -tcq42-, Dec 18, 2008.

1. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    8 years for 180 million. I think they just wanted him away from the Yankees and gave Boras the king's ransom. 8 years at 20+ million for any player is ridiculous. I don't care if it's Albert Pujols. Plus, did they really need him?
  2. Germany

Germany Banned

It's not official yet, but it sounds like they are closing in on the deal. Other teams like the Orioles and Nationals placed slightly smaller offers, and they never increased their offers. Looks like the Red Sox will acquire him. Hopefully he is successful there.
  3. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Good thing it wasn't official. Turns out the Yankees made an 8 year 210 million dollar deal to Boras. Now there's a 10 year 250 million dollar deal on the table. This is f***ing ridiculous.
  4. Germany

Germany Banned

Yup. Right after I posted, I went to watch some SportsCenter. Next thing you know, breaking news! Red Sox owner says they are not planning on signing Texeira. They didn't know other teams were going to bid for him as well.

Ridiculous stuff. The Yankees don't learn do they? They just keep signing big names, losing, signing big names, losing, etc. They are filthy rich and they suck at using there money. If there was an even salary cap around the league like there should be, the Yankees would always be the worst team.
  5. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    WHO? Lmao!
    That's my strength training teachers name LMAO
  6. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Which team are you a fan of?
  7. Germany

Germany Banned

The Twins and the Red Sox. I hate the Yankees. What team/teams are you a fan of?
  8. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

shutup... teixera suks anyways, redsx can have him.. thats a lot of money too, i cant belive they would sign him for that much.. 180-mil over 8 years is crazy, thats almost how much arod gets.
  9. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How in the world do you like both the Twins and the Red Sox? That's like me liking the White Sox and the Yankees.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    They're not gonna sign him it looks like. Yankees have a better chance at him right now than Boston.
  10. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

i wouldnt want the yanks to get him, they have cano and hes still young and hes a great player. theres barely any reason to spend that much money on him