Preview TechnoPez

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by TheAppleTree, Feb 2, 2010.

1. TheAppleTree

TheAppleTree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Not a terribly pretty name, but hey, at least it's descriptive! I guess that's the software engineer in me... At any rate, this is a theme I've been thinking about for a while. I plan on this being a complete theme, including music player, and full UI skin.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm just now getting back into some theming after a long while of being absent from the whole scene... and a lot of cool new stuff has happened while I've been gone. I'm wanting that window area above the dock to act as a notification area, and I'm totally open to suggestions about info you'd like to see there. As always, feel free to volunteer any questions or suggestions!

Update! 2/7/10
    Today I worked on the battery and unlock stuff. I tried to make it reminescent of the original iPhone battery because, quite frankly, I think they got that one right

It still has a bit of my flare on it though.

Update! 2/9/10
    Today I finished up the media player portion. I may still decide to up the contrast in places, clean up some edges, that kind of thing... but it will probably be something close to this

Update 2/12/10
    Yesterday I worked on the Safari skin... pretty simple, but I think it works well with the theme.

Attached Files:

2. Calhoun

Calhoun New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i've been staring at this for awhile and i can't come up with anything to say o_o

all of the wallpaper/dock business looks great, i wouldn't change a thing.. the window/darker part, you know, looks very sleek and i wish the icons did, too

the icons just look, i don't know.. the way the white inner glow and the gloss work, they don't have the same sleek feel as the window bit

i'd make them darker, and make the gloss the same as it is on the window (a bit less opaque, and scaled out further so it's not stronger right near the edge)

iuno, i just like looking at the window more than i do at the icons

i also don't get a 3d feel (in the colored part of the icons) unless i try hard enough; it looks just like a colorful thing hanging on to the bottom of a thin wafer, for some reason

very excited for the UI/music player

edit: oh and i'm not a fan of the safari icon.. too simple for me, and i don't like the pixel font (not much you can do about that though). maybe move the W and E in to the center a bit, so they don't cut off the dots
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    how do you make the time appear as the wallpaper? like, the real time?
  4. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I like where this is going. Looks great in my opinion. I'd also like to see a configuration for not having the message area. Also I don't see a status bar. Are they disabled or is that just a render? If possible I'd like to see a screen of the theme on an iDevice to get an idea of spacing and contrast.
  5. TheAppleTree

Device:
    iPhone
    Ooooo that's some really nice constructive criticism... thanks for taking the time to really consider this! I absolutely hear what you're saying - what with the shiny wafer bit and the stuff about the screen. I'll take a run at the icons with this in mind and post some updates later on.

6. theiThemer

theiThemer Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    How about making the icons text?
    That would look pretty simple, but now that I think about it, kind of plain

... Although text inside those boxes would look pretty sweet.
  7. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If it were a text theme, it would remind me of Jaio. I agree with Calhoun, and it's nice to see you back theappletree.
  8. TheAppleTree

Device:
    iPhone
    Hmm I think I'd like to keep this away from being a text theme if I can. I have a bunch of icons that I'm working on right now, and I believe it's going to work out. I did some updates with Calhoun's suggestions, and personally, I like it a lot more.

^ To Vesper - this is just a render for the time being. I like to do an "ideal screenshot" first, and then wrangle it into looking the same on my iphone.

9. dgxnil

dgxnil Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  10. Just_For_Now

Just_For_Now Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wow thats neat.