Tear to unlock

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by D347HXD, Jul 13, 2010.

1. D347HXD

D347HXD New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Iv been thinking of a slide to unlock idea, and I think it would be a good idea.

Here it is:

A tear to unlock

Please Register or Log in to view images

Basically you have to take a screen shot* of your first page

then you ssh into your iPhone/iPod and find the theme, and put it in the right folder

Now if you turn your iPhone/iPod on, it will look normal, but the background will be a cloth look and on the bottom will say " Tear To Unlock ", and when you slide your finger across the bottom, it will follow your finger, as if your ripping it left to right.. and under the ripped fabric, is your first page! (the screen shot)

Sound good? ( if you could understand

)

Thing is, I have no clue how to achieve this :l

Screen Shot*: push the home button + power button at the same time to take a screen shot
  2. Xeno Templar

Xeno Templar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sounds, to me, like it would be awesome but I'm in the same position as you, having no clue how to achieve this but thats more/less because I know absolutely nothing about programming/creating themes (I know there are guides for this but I think all that stuff is too confusing, maybe I'm wrong but I'm more used to PSP stuff and I'm not all that "know-how" for that either, other-wise I'd help you, sorry.)
  3. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It would result in some programming of plist and heavydata usage on first page. Not hard but I can't do it. It is doable.
  4. Bolt

Bolt New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That would be awesome. Do it!
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I doubt he knows how.I can't do it because I do not know much of mac stuff.
  6. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    That sounds pretty cool. It is possible, just would take some work, that I'm not capable of.
  7. Xeno Templar

Xeno Templar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well, apparently you know more about programming than me what w/ the fact that you just used words that I know nothing about (well, I know the WORDS but in the "programming" sense, nope, I haven't a clue what your talkin about!) being "plist" & "heavydata"! So, I'm probably as useless to you for this as my 2nd PSP was to me AFTER I fully-bricked it by trying to get the seplugins to load from the Flash0 just to conserve a lousy 5 MB on my MS Pro! If your familiar w/ the hacked PSP!
  8. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    un brick it their r tutorials.
  9. Xeno Templar

Xeno Templar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's too late now, this was about 2 to 3 yrs ago, back then you could only recover from a semi-brick, I had fully-bricked it and didn't have a pandora then, that's why I just kept the battery, MS & all my UMDs, I now am on my 4th PSP and now-a-days a fully-bricked PSP can be recovered, don't need a tut. for it, everything I'd need is on my free-agent external HD, god, I wish Dark Alex would come back to the PSP scene!
  10. D347HXD

D347HXD New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I do wish I could know how to do this, but I can't, I know what plist is thogh

Is there any one out there that is really good at making themes and editing plists? If so, mabey we can work on this together?