Tcpdump problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by tjchevyracer, May 31, 2008.

1. tjchevyracer

tjchevyracer New Member

I have read threads on how to get packets. I think I have done everything right so far. When i type in the command "tcpdump -v -s 65535 -w log.txt" this message comes up, "No suitable device found." Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or what I should do next? Thanks.
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

tcpdump -v -s 65535 -w ~/Media/Documents/log.txt

Type that in, if you don't already have SendFile installed, install it before you do this. Then after sniffing go into sendfile and email the file you yourself from there.
  3. tjchevyracer

tjchevyracer New Member

Tryed that and it said "tcpdump: no suitable device found" Idk if it has anything to do with being on 1.1.4 or BSD Subsystem 2.1 Any more ideas anyone?
  4. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i get no tcpdump command found? anyone know why?
  5. tjchevyracer

tjchevyracer New Member

did you first type in "su root" and password "alpine"? Also did you type the command in right?

I was wondering after I got some packets, all I do is tap the screen and hit exit? Then I could send it to my computer. Also all I have to do is make the number "65535" smaller if on wireshark it says, file is corrupt or damaged? Little help please.
  6. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yep I typed it right, and checked /usr/sbin/ no tcpdump
  7. tjchevyracer

tjchevyracer New Member

I normally just SSH the file off but this time I wanted to try emailing it. I saved the file then tried copying it to the Media/Documents folder. But there was no Documents folder in the Media folder. Could I just make one and SSH it in?

Anyone got help about the problem above?