Taxiball: Available Now!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by selfawaregames, May 27, 2009.

1. selfawaregames

selfawaregames New Member

Hello, iPod Touch Fans!

I'm happy to announce that Taxiball, the first release from Self Aware Games is live on the App Store! Taxiball is a charming, lighthearted tilt-controlled game where you control a ball as it rolls around, picking up fares and dropping them off as fast as you can to earn as much money as possible before the clock runs out. You can find a press release and video here:

http://www.selfawaregames.com/blog/?p=22

Taxiball has seven different, highly replayable cities, global online leaderboards, friends lists, dozens of awards to unlock, and will save your game if you get interrupted for any reason! It's easy to pick up - just tilt - but hard to master. Can you climb to the top of the leaderboards? Can you win the Untouchable Award?

Full Version: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=316087672&mt=8
    Free Version: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=316094782&mt=8

If you go with the Free Version, and you love it (which we certainly hope you will), when you upgrade to the Full Version, all your progress, Awards, unlocks and stats carry over!

If you have any questions, comments, feedback - whatever - I'll answer any questions I can!

Thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    doesn't look very good, i'll try the lite out
  3. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    PRICE??

Saw the preview on touch arcade. Looks ok. I'll give it a whirl
  4. selfawaregames

The introductory price is $1.99
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    That's exactly what the free version's for! I hope it changes your mind.

5. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i like this game quite a lot, it's good fun and the pixel art and music are real nice, and make it pretty unique

plus the poems/rhymes during the tutorial, ftw
  6. selfawaregames

Awesome! Glad to hear you like it! We'll be adding new levels as we put out updates, so there's more fun to be had.

Cheers!
  7. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    played through the tutorial... so far its pretty fun. hopefully it will get harder
  8. selfawaregames

Heh. Yeah - it gets harder. In the Free Version, it's tuned so it's really accessible to new players, so if you're a pretty hardcore gamer, and learn to use the tilt controls quickly, n00bsville still might be on the easy side (lemme know, tuning's definitely a tricky issue) - but the later levels in the full version, and to get all the Awards in a level... yeah, it gets tough.

9. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you need Wi-Fi at the beginning to register before you can even play? Because if you do unfortunately I won't be able to try out the lite version...shame, game looked interesting.
  10. selfawaregames

Right now, yes - you do need WiFi right at the start. After that, you don't, so if you can even find WiFi for just a minute or two, you're good to go. However, we REALLY want everyone to be able to play the game, so in the update we're working on right now, we're doing our best to allow you to play totally offline. And adding a bonus level. Should be pushed out to Apple in the next few days.

I'll post here when the update's live, and let you know when you can play without WiFi. Sorry for the inconvenience - consider it a lesson learned for future apps!