Tax on the software pack?

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by aaquib, Jan 16, 2008.

1. aaquib

aaquib Banned

I live in Canada and wanted to know if there's tax on the software pack. The reason Im asking is because if I buy a $20 gift card from BestBuy and there's tax on the pack, then Im screwed. I live in Ontario BTW and Ive never purchased anything on iTunes.

Aaquib
  2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yes there is.
    like any iTunes downloads, it states on the terms of use when u first install it under the iTunes store...

just get a 25 dollar gift card
  3. bugmenot1

bugmenot1 Banned

Here, you dont pay tax on giftcards, and if you dont live where it is being sold, apple in CA and me in FL so no tax. But internationally I have not the slightest clue...
  4. JYogi

JYogi New Member

You dont pay tax on giftcards, I dont think the OP was talking about that.
    I think he was asking if he would have to pay tax when buying the apps themselves
    and the answer is yes.....

So, you do not pay tax buying a giftcard but you pay tax on what you buy with the giftcard
  5. aaquib

aaquib Banned

Yep, I know you don't pay tax on the gift cards, but on iTunes itself. You have to pay tax? Well, that settles it. Im definitely not buying the apps now. Here in Canada they only sell $20 and $50 gift cards, and no way Im spending $50 just to buy apps I already pretty much have now(except my location). My dad would give me his credit card, if I didnt use it to buy an iPod Touch case last night for $20. Ah well, I guess Ill wait for the jailbreak.
  6. bobmac

bobmac New Member

Just a quick note, I don't know for the update but when I purchase music, my credit card is not charged taxes.

I purchased something before Xmas so might have changed now
  7. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I suggest you buy another $20.00 card, spend the 20.00 + tax on the apps, and then buy $17.00 worth of legit music.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It's fun to support a band now and then...

Please Register or Log in to view images