Targeting 2.1 Device (Jailbroken) with the 2.2 SDK?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Hendore, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Hendore

Hendore New Member

When I had the 2.1 SDK installed I could target my jailbroken device from xcode with no problems at all. I reinstalled OS-X today and went to setup the iPhone SDK only to notice 2.1 wasn't listed anyore. So I got the latest SDK (2.2) and installed it, when attempting to "build and go" my project with "Device 2.1" as the target platform I get the following error:

CodeSign error: a valid provisioning profile is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'Device - iPhone OS 2.1'

I have created a certificate (iPhone Developer) but I was about the edit the /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Info.plist file (change the provisioning properties from YES to NO), but they are nowhere to be found

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyone managed to find a workaround for using the 2.2 SDK targeting a jailbroken device yet or am I done for???
  2. andydam123

andydam123 Member

Use the same instructions as you did when you used the 2.1 SDK.
  3. Hendore

Hendore New Member

I did, but when it came to editing the Info.plist file in the iPhoneOS.platforms directory, some of the properties are not in the list anymore, almost as if Apple have removed them delibratly?

If only Apple kept the older versions of the SDK up aswell, then I would be good to go

4. andydam123

andydam123 Member

In Project Settings in your project, remove the properties with the key Code Signing Identity. Then it would work fine.

5. Hendore

Hendore New Member

No luck with changing the project settings, I've managed to get myself a copy of the 2.1 SDK now so it's all good

Thanks anyway mate =]
  6. urscheler

urscheler New Member

are you saying that with a 2.1 SDK you can 'Build&Go' directly on your iphone? I have tried everything with 2.2 and was not successfull. where did you get a 2.1 SDK? It seems you cannot download it from apple anymore.

I cannot believe apple requires signing up for the developer program just to try out my app on my iphone!
  7. Hendore

Hendore New Member

urscheler, yes. There are some workarounds for getting your apps on the iPhone right from xcode with the 2.1 SDK (without the $99 fee), I couldn't get it to work with 2.2 so I got searching for the old(er) version. If you still need it PM me (not sure if I can post links to it or not in the forums)

8. pgr3master

pgr3master New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just edit /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS2.2.sdk/SDKSettings.plist and change CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED to NO
  9. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually, no that will only get you so far. When you build and go to the 2.2 Device it will give you a security policy error.
  10. pgr3master

pgr3master New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    and make sure in prject settings you have said not to sign code!