Review Tap Tap Revenge: Dave Matthews Band

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Abcmsaj, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm from the UK, and I've never heard of Dave Matthews Band before. However:

I am a big Tapulous fan (and avid tapper!), and so had to have it.

When loading up the app, the same familiar interface greeted me: First the splash screen which was then followed up by the Tapulous logo

and then you arrive at the home screen. The TTR2 interface has been brought across to this application aswell, and 2 player mode features on this app (just like every other TTR app)

From here, you can also check out the latest DMB news by tapping on the large beige-coloured box in the center.

When you tap single player, you can choose your level of difficulty. Personally, I'm somewhere between hard and expert (DXChain won't teach me any hardcore extreme techniques!) So I'll stick with hard...

On these special Tap Tap editions, you'll find that each difficulty has a set of tracks, and then one final one which is LOCKED until you complete all of the unlocked ones. This is a great incentive to play the game, as normally the final track is a special one (as in TTR Coldplay) or a popular song with a special theme (Like in TTR Dance)

Gameplay

And then you get into the gameplay. If you've NEVER played Tap Tap Revenge before - Where have you been living for a year? If you've never played Guitar Hero or Tap Tap Revenge before... this is going to take a lot of explaining...

The jist is to tap the balls in time to the music as they travel from top to bottom of the screen. In this DMB edition, the theme is a pinball machine, and as you progress up the multipliers, they light up on the board. When you get into Revenge Mode, all hell breaks loose, and you start wracking up a massive electricity bill as your Pinball Machine drains the power from the local street... but I digress.

The gameplay is the same as in any other TTR game. And this is the make or break choice. Some people I know are bored of Tapulous constantly releasing their TTR app under a rebranded name at a high price. However, I myself enjoy playing specific Tap Tap Revenge games - Especially the Coldplay one! I'd never heard of NIN or DMB before I bought the TapTap games, so I'm glad I did because the songs are great.

And as usual, you finish the song, submit your high score to the online leaderboard and then do another one! Or try and beat your previous score or the #1 score.

Other Features

Tapulous Profiles and "Connect With Facebook" are some great social network additions to the TTR Brand. If you have a Tapulous account already, and play TTR2 a lot, you can actually buy this DMB edition and transfer the songs to TTR2 for free. Then you can complete them on there and send battle requests out to friends - The expansion of Tap Tap Revenge is unlimited, and it's hindered if you don't buy this DMB Edition!

And if you have Facebook, you can post your scores to your wall, where all your friends can see how you've done on a song and might try and beat it!

As well as the Dave Matthews Band news feed, these are the main "other features" of TTR: DMB.

Overall

As I said... Whether or not you buy this app depends on 2 things:

1) Do you like Dave Matthews Band? Have you ever heard of them? Do you want to expand your music taste?

2) Are you tired of repetitive TTR releases at extreme prices?

If you love all kinds of music and love TTR - This app is for you. I promise you the replay value is infinite, and new songs can be added in future updates.

The graphics are beautiful and Tapulous are starting to create custom themes for most of their songs - and I think this is up in their top 5 for design.

The price is $3.99 still - But it's been on sale for a few days now. If you want it cheaper - Get it today! Otherwise the price will be $4.99.

I want the high score, so I gotta play more... Get your copy HERE.

for a limited time only!

Attached Files:

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. Abcmsaj

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
  4. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Daaaang, that was fast. Good review. Some grammar errors you may want to fix though.
  5. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

I bought this the other day. Tap Tap Coldplay is still my fav though.
  6. Abcmsaj

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I totally agree..
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Viva la Vida! Great review here Alex... clearly you can tell that you are a Tapulous fan

8. tmel8792

tmel8792 New Member

DMB! I'm definitely going to go get this now.