Review Tap Tap Revenge: Coldplay

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by -tcq42-, Jun 3, 2009.

1. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Tap Tap Revenge: Coldplay
    Better than the joke from The 40 Year Old Virgin

Introduction to Tap Tap Revenge: Coldplay
    Tap Tap Revenge: Coldplay is what I would like to call an "expansion pack" of the Tap Tap family. It features 13 Coldplay hits, including songs like Viva la Vida, Clocks, and Fix You. In addition to these songs, it also features a Coldplay related theme with its unique backgrounds and tappers. At the heart, the game is just like any other Tap Tap game, but because of Coldplay's relaxing music and the game's mesmerizing theme, TTR: Coldplay is one of Tapulous Inc.'s best efforts.

Game: "You must like this game". Player: "I must like this game".

Gameplay
    If you've never played Tap Tap Revenge before, the concept of the game is quite simple. You hit the taps, which are synchronized to the beat of the song that is being played, when they approach the tappers. You gain more points by continuously hitting the correct notes, which help you obtain multipliers. Anything below 20 straight notes is a x1 multiplier while 30 straight notes is a x3, 40 is a x4, and 50 is the revenge multiplier, which is just a special name for a x8 multiplier. In order to activate Revenge, the player must shake the iPhone or iPod touch. When you obtain Revenge, the theme usually changes a little bit (like the taps could turn a different color) to help the player realize that he/she is on Revenge. In order to keep Revenge, the player must continue the note streak. If the player fails to hit a note, the multiplier will go back down to x1 and Revenge will be canceled. Tap Tap Coldplay employs all of these features as well as special Boss songs which include a completely different theme and difficulty. There are 4 boss songs in Tap Tap Coldplay, one for each difficulty level. What makes the gameplay in this game so unique compared to that of the normal Tap Tap Revenge is mostly because of Coldplay. If you like Coldplay's music, you will like this game. If you don't like Coldplay and think they're "gay" because, well, you listen to everything the movie The 40 Year Old Virgin tells you, then you will obviously not like this game. Differences aside, the game offers a lot for Coldplay fans. Even if you're indifferent to Coldplay (like me), you'll find that this game is extremely relaxing and somewhat mesmerizing.

Like a Boss!

Graphics
    There's not a lot of graphics to analyze in this game. I mean, can you really judge how great the tappers look that much? They're tappers. Anyways, the game definitely nails the category of visuals and graphics because the theme in this is absolutely amazing. Or in a better word, mesmerizing. The game's backgrounds looks like flowing lava lamps. If you didn't know any better, you could be a stoner and the game could be your marijuana. It's addicting to look at and it's easy on the ears. What else can I say? I'm hooked.

Don't those look like Lava Lamps?

Presentation
    Let's get straight to the point here. This game shows Chris Martin's face a lot. Too many times for my liking in fact. The menus are built like any other Tap Tap game, but this time it features a picture of Coldplay and it has a Coldplay color scheme of aqua and white. It shows the album art of all the songs and it goes about its business in terms of looking professional. Tapulous is a pro at this presentation stuff. I don't need to say anymore.

I wonder what Chris Martin is thinking about.

Longevity
    You can finish this game in about an hour if you're good. It's not a very long game, but if you're a fan of Coldplay who can't get enough of Chris Martin's soothing voice, you will definitely come back for more of Viva la Vida and Fix You. The game also features multiplayer, so if you want to challenge your friends, you can. I would recommend playing on a flat surface though. Plus, kneeling knee by knee with a buddy while playing a Coldplay song on Tap Tap Revenge just seems weird.

Nice Album Art

Final Thoughts
    Tap Tap Revenge: Coldplay is a solid music game. At $4.99 it can provide Coldplay fans with some incredible moments with its relaxing music and mesmerizing visuals. It plays just like any other Tap Tap game, but Coldplay is what makes the difference here.

Ratings
    Presentation: 9/10 - Album Art, pictures of Chris Martin, what else do you want?
    Graphics: 9/10 - If a visual high is what you want, a visual high is what you get.
    Gameplay: 9/10 - The best Tap Tap to date. The fact that it's Coldplay makes a difference though.
    Audio: 9.5/10 - Very good song quality and if you like Coldplay, this is definitely a winner.
    Replay Value: 8/10 - It'll only last an hour or two for most players. Two player is a nice touch though.
    Overall: 8.9/10 - A solid music game that will appeal to many. Good music and good visuals equals success.

Attached Files:

2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How are you not a member review yet? Great Review!
  3. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Beats me.

4. 99danman

99danman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This review is great. Probably my favorite Tap Tap, but I dont play it as much now that you can import songs to TTR2.
  5. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How do you import songs? I've heard about it, but I haven't tried it yet.
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I recommend this app. 9/10 in my book! The only problem is that sometimes the yellow bonus lines are hard to see with the background
  7. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    now you're one.
  8. 99danman

99danman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    • Ads, referrals, or unapproved links
    Once you buy one of the special editions and sync to your Tapulous profile, go to TTR2, then Free Tracks, then at the bottom, under the Extreme Tracks row, is the row for whatever version you have. Click it, and download the songs.
  9. ralphbananas

ralphbananas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How did this guy get banned for saying that...

Anyway, great review. I love coldplay and i was ecstatic when they released a tap tap version of it

10. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah that was weird...how did he get banned for that?