Tap Tap Revenge 3!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by brendanm, Dec 31, 2009.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

So last night I finally decided to play Tap Tap Revenge 3! It's been sitting on my last page since it's release date, never got around to playing it, I kind of went on a movie spree and watched a ton of movies. So last-night, as my XBOX 360 was toast, I started to play games on my iPhone, and finally... I pressed that Tap Tap Revenge 3 icon! At first, I wasn't too pleased because of the whole shake thing; You gotta shake your iPod or iPhone to the direction the arrow when it hits the bottom of your screen, kinda like tapping, but shaking.

One of my favorite songs, was the first song on the list: "Get Crazy by LMFAO". I was pretty pumped, this is the only reason I downloaded the app in the first place, and I quickly went through all the songs in easy, then medium, then hard and just in a few minutes I'll be working on extreme. It's got an amazing lay out, bright, eye-catching colors and graphics, it's not slow or laggy, sound comes out perfectly clear, it was an amazing experience.. I fell in love.. With an app... Tap Tap Revenge 3!

I got bored with the default songs, and I have a EDGE connection at home and no high-speed period so I wasn't too eager to download new tracks. However, I seen the movie Jennifer's Body and they had a promotion going on where you could download the song and the background for it all in one download, I thought I'd give that a whip.. Direct connection led to a fast download, even on EDGE! I was more pleased, because it was customized a little bit and I found out you can get tons more tracks.

So, I sat there, pretty bored and tried out the chat.. Well, it's a lot better than I thought it was gonna be! It's kind of laid out just like SMS, but it shows when people join the room or leave, which is the only let down in the game. There is a lot of people in the chat rooms, you can make new friends or enjoy a nice conversation!

I haven't gotten around to online play because I'm on EDGE but when I go to town later, and have 3G I plan on giving it a whirl. I'll post back to let you know how that goes! So far, my over-all rating would be 5/5 Stars! It's amazing, anyone should try this, you'll love it!

Hope this get's some more downloads,
    Brendan
  2. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    The batch download would come back shortly, so you won't be hassled by downloading tracks one at a time.
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I think they should have a batch download in the App Store and iTunes as well, that way we can select all the music and apps we want all at once and download with one 'touch'. This would make life easier

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    This is a review how...?
  5. 1travel1

1travel1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    One of my favorite songs, was the first song on the list: "Get Crazy by LMFAO". I was pretty pumped, this is the only reason I downloaded the app in the first place, and I quickly went through all the songs in easy, then medium, then hard and just in a few minutes I'll be working on extreme. It's got an amazing lay out, bright, eye-catching colors and graphics, it's not slow or laggy, sound comes out perfectly clear, it was an amazing experience.. I fell in love.. With an app... Tap Tap Revenge 3!

I got bored with the default songs, and I have a EDGE connection at home and no high-speed period so I wasn't too eager to download new tracks. However, I seen the movie Jennifer's Body and they had a promotion going on where you could download the song and the background for it all in one download, I thought I'd give that a whip.. Direct connection led to a fast download, even on EDGE! I was more pleased, because it was customized a little bit and I found out you can get tons more tracks.

thanks
  6. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

its kinda his first impressions and im sure hes gonna do a review soon?
  7. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yeah, my original intentions were to post this first and then get to the Review depending the feedback on this post.

I just never got around to it, got a lot to do but I'm doing the review tonight.
  8. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Is there anything you can use your Coins on? everything seem to be with credits...
  9. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can buy avatar clothes (but i refuse to do that because it is a waste)
  10. locofocos

locofocos New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There's one thing that has been bothering me about this game. Understand, I've been playing guitar hero for a few years so I might be somewhat biased. As the dots move closer to the screen, they try to create a 3d effect by them getting bigger. However, it looks natural in guitar hero. In Tap Tap Revenge 3, it seems like the developers tried to recreate the effect but overdid it. The dots are really fast far away, but slow down as they get closer. You can judge when to hit the note by listening to the music, but if you don't know the song or if they use syncopation especially, the changing dot size and speed can become a big nuisance. Can I change a setting or something so the dots change size like a real object would at a constant speed?