Tap Tap Revenge 3 and Rock Band Song Maker

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by GRMrGecko, Oct 19, 2009.

1. GRMrGecko

GRMrGecko Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I could possibly make a song creator for Tap Tap Revenge 3 if I knew how the ttr2_track file worked. So if anyone wants to play around and figure out how it works and tell me, I'll be on my way writing a mac application for it. And windows users might make one for Windows. I did look around the plist file and I believe when you play online it gives the link in the plist file to download the song and theme.

I don't know about Rock Band, all I saw was a bunch of dat files and no m4a files or what not. But if anyone can find out how that works, I may beable to make an app for it.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Just was playing around and noticed it was a plist, all you have to do is change the extension, so we just need to find out how it's built and then make an editor/writer.
  2. DarkAura17

DarkAura17 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i don't think its possible because each song as a folder with a set code on it. with 4 items inside much more complex than TTR1 which u could do.
  3. GRMrGecko

GRMrGecko Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    done a plist dump with an terminal command I just wrote, and this is what I get for one note.
    {
    "$class" = "<CFKeyedArchiverUID 0x105790 [0xa01faee0]>{value = 14}";
    channel = 0;
    note = 60;
    text = "<CFKeyedArchiverUID 0x108670 [0xa01faee0]>{value = 0}";
    time = "103.533876";
    timeInQuarterNotes = "229.5";
    type = 0;
    velocity = 80;
    },
    The id is in the info.plist as well, all I need to do is make a random id, like how apple does for applications, and then put it both as the folder name and then as the id in the plist. And I can make it anything I want as far as I know. it may have to have the same 12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789012 style, but any hex value in it should be fine.
    Interesting enough, MD5 is exactly that long, so I could write a server script that'll add 1 to a count of keys created and md5 the current count which would give an unequal id for each song.
    To read the full dump of the ttr2_track file, visit here http://mrgeckosmedia.net/ttr2_track.txt.
  4. Reaper-X

Reaper-X Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    People are already making a song creator for TTR3 it works the same way as TTR2.

We don't care bout TTR3 for now find out what to do for Rock Band
  5. iZ3RO

iZ3RO Member

Device:
    iPad
    Rock Band requires a Hex Editor i believe.
  6. GRMrGecko

GRMrGecko Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That's what I think, but I'll look into it, copy a song over and see what I can find.
  7. pac12321

pac12321 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    me and a few of my friends have a tap maker for ttr3 but i dont believe we will be releasing
  8. Deathmax

Deathmax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    There are methods of creating TTR2/TTR3 tracks, but so far they are slightly cumbersome. And for the folder name, hell, just putting NAME.track works. The one I know is a javascript that converts xml outputted by adobe soundbooth into something that TTR2 recognizes.
  9. BoomBox-Creations

BoomBox-Creations Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Could you atleast post a screenshot of this tap maker for TTR3 so we actually see that you have a tool for this?

---------------------------
    ---------------------------

For the thread.... it wouldnt work properly anyway, every song you download from Tap Tap has a hex code. so you can only change the file insides (i replaced the Tap Tap Domination song with bat out of hell, but the taps are wayyyy off sync and the taps go for about 2min 30s while the whole song goes for almost 10 minutes (imagine that, a proper version of Bat Out of Hell for Tap Tap Revenge 2/3 on extreme! Your fingers would start hurting after the first 3 or so mins. (and compared to every other song on Tap Tap 2/3, BAT OUT OF HELL IS ALOT FASTER, LONGER, AND MORE DIFFICULT TO CODE/PLAY!))

Deathmax - i might try that, i had tried a random hex key to see if it works, nothing showed....
    How do you view your .ttr2_tracks like that? when i open it up in textedit(mac)/notepad(win) i get a whole lot of random r's and q's and a few others.

PLEASE tell me how. If i know, i can probably have a better job at decrypting them.
  10. GRMrGecko

GRMrGecko Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well I'm a programmer so I realized it was a binary pliat and wrote a tool to translate it.

You can download my tool here http://mrgeckosmedia.com/applications/info/PlistTools/