Taking too long to boot up!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by jtsoup412, Jun 21, 2009.

1. jtsoup412

jtsoup412 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So, I updated my iPod Touch 2g to 3.0, and now I'm noticing a problem. It turns off normally, but whenever I boot it up, it takes longer than usual. The Apple Logo stays on for the amount of time it usually would, but then the Apple Logo goes away as if the iPod were about to bring up the home screen, but instead a black screen comes up. Then, after five to ten seconds later, the home screen comes up. I'm just curious if this is a bug in the firmware, or is my iPod having difficulty booting the new firmware, or what? This has happened when my iPod was empty and whenever all of my stuff was synced to it, so I doubt it's a memory problem. I've restored multiple times and even downloaded 3.0 from a different source on the net, and the same thing occurs each time. Please help! I just don't want this to be something fatal toward my iPod!

By the way, I DO NOT have this problem on 2.2.1.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Want faster boot times?

Get an iPhone 3GS... or deal with it.
  3. SolApathy

SolApathy Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What a useless reply.

It should not take 10+ seconds longer to load than the previous firmware. there are many complaints regarding this issue, the loss of wifi fidelity, as well as the limited BT support. Apple forums are full of ppl with the same issue. Hopefully Apple will respond soon.
  4. jtsoup412

jtsoup412 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, thanks a lot! I really hope that Apple releases a patch to fix everyone's problems. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. Thanks again!
  5. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I dont know why everyone is worried about BOOT TIME!

Just wait it out, its not even that long anyways...

Also... its Wireless Fidelity... saying WiFi Fidelity is like saying Wireless Fidelity Fidelity.
  6. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    There is no necessity to reboot the ipod many times in a day. If you want to recover RAM respring will do or use memtool from cydia.
    Rebooting only results in less battery backup. Don't get paranoid about boot time and the black screen display after reboot/respring is one of the common bugs in 3.0