Taking The Next Step: Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Hman, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Hman

Hman New Member

Ok, I'm finally ready to jailbreak my iPod Touch, but before I do that, I'm going to post some things that you guys have told me. If any of them are wrong, please correct me.

1) Jailbreaking WON'T brick the Touch
    2) If you restore in iTunes after jailbreaking, but before sending it to apple, your warranty will NOT we voided, and any repairs needed WILL be covered.
    3) It is safe to Jailbreak my iPod Touch
    4)It is possible to jailbreak from version 1.1.3 with the January Software Upgrade.
    5) If I decide to go back to 1.1.3 w/ the January Software Upgrade, it is of no cost to me. I do not have to pay the 20 dollar fee to re-upgrade to the January Software Upgrade.
    6) All upgrading and downgrading to/from 1.1.3 with the JSU is free.

Just tell me if any of this stuff is wrong please, I don't want to find out that I voided my warranty or something like that in the end. lol.

And, finally, can someone give me step-by-step jailbreaking instructions from 1.1.3 with the January Software Upgrade.

The reason I say this is because I am not sure the sticky at the top pertains to any iTouch with the upgrade, and it also wont open on my computer. Thanks a lot.

And, there's no risk in jailbreaking, right?

Also, how do I get all of those cool programs and wallpapers, and themes and stuff after I've jailbreaked?
  2. biggymac609

biggymac609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  3. Hman

Hman New Member

I try to search, but for some reason, my computer doesn't load the search correctly....
  4. full1

full1 New Member

Is there any way to jailbreak 1.1.3 without using iTunes.,
  5. full1

full1 New Member

If any one could help me I will rep you
  6. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    EDIT: answers:

1). non, jailbreaking will NOT brick your iPod touch the only way to brick an iPhone which is where the term started is to screw up the baseband.

2). any information sent to Apple after restoring, doesn't matter because your iPod is clean btw I doubt Apple is going to go after any of us for jailbreaking because I have read that there are about 1.5 Million jailbreakers I think?

3). I think that this goes under the brickage category, but yes jailbreaking is safe.

4). whether or not you have the January upgrade doesn't matter when you are jailbreaking 1.1.3, what matters is the capacity of your iPod and what week it shipped, really this is just trial and error.

5). If you restore to a clean 1.1.3 on the computer you bought the January pdate on, then it should automatically re-sync the update to the device.

6). yes, it's free you just need to get the .ipsw files from Apple or some other download location.

Anything else?
  7. Paintball

Paintball New Member

I didn't see anything that was incorrect, jailbreaking is totally safe and free. If I were you, I'd downgrade to 1.1.1 and then go to 1.1.2. Don't mess with 1.1.3 yet.
  8. Hman

Hman New Member

Dude, you are the best.... could you also answer the questions at the bottom of the post too? Thanks a ton..

Oh, and Paintball said it is safer to go to 1.1.1 and then to1.1.2 to jailbreak, so could you explain how and what that does?
  9. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, all I'm goanna say is that if you want to jailbreak 1.1.3 and get the january apps and everything right now your best bet is to go to a 1.1.2 jailbroken and then use our soft update through installer, which automatically installs the app pack, if you need help doing this, PM me an AIM screen name b/c that is alot of posting lol