Taking requests for non-game apps

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by fiftyfour123, Jun 25, 2010.

1. fiftyfour123

fiftyfour123 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I already develop for Mac OS X (http://evancoleman.net), but I figured I should start developing for the iPhone as well. There's just one problem, I don't have any ideas. So if anyone has some good (simple) ideas for apps that aren't games, post them here. Thanks.

EDIT: App Stores app, not Cydia.
  2. krion64

krion64 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Would it be possible to create a backup tool with the following features?

-Backups Cydia and App Store apps and their settings to your computer through SSH
    -Restores Cydia and App store apps and their settings to your iDevice through SSH

It would make getting all of my apps and their setting the way I left them back on my iPod Touch after upgrading to iOS 4 and then rejailbreaking so much easier.

Also could make an app that streams videos that are on my computer to an iDevice over an internet connection.
  3. fiftyfour123

fiftyfour123 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sorry, forgot to metion that this is for app store apps. and I think media streaming is a little to complex for my first app.
  4. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Here's an idea: How about an iPhone emulator? Obviously not a real one, but you load it with screenshots of all the pages on your springboard (and maybe one or two apps to 'prove' it's real), and it makes those screen shots slightly smaller and puts them inside a skin that looks like an iPhone/iPod Touch (maybe a switch to let the user decide?). Best case scenario, it would recognize how big the dock and status bar are supposed to be and keep it still while you scroll through the different screenshots you provided it, but that's not a necessity.

From a programming standpoint, it doesn't seem that difficult, but it's something I'd like to see done.

Also, I know this is a long post, but that's only because I'm being really detailed.
  5. fiftyfour123

fiftyfour123 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That definitely seems possible, but kind of pointless, haha. I'll consider it.
  6. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Awesome.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also, out of curiosity: If the app you make gets rejected, any chance you'll put it on Cydia?
  7. fiftyfour123

fiftyfour123 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Of course. Unless it's possible that Apple will find out and take away my developer certificate, in which case I'll just use a different name.
  8. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't think it's possible for them to find out, but that may be something you'll want to look into, yeah.
  9. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How bout a app like tamagatchi's?
  10. fiftyfour123

fiftyfour123 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I feel like that would be a little to complicated for my first app. Plus, I'm horrible at making complex graphics.