Taking my iPod touch to Australia

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by tessie04, Nov 9, 2008.

1. tessie04

tessie04 New Member

I am buying an Ipod touch here in America and in about a year I am planning on moving to Australia. My question is do I have to reinstall anything once I change regions? And will I have to download new maps or anything like that. And with my apps store running for a year here in the states, how will that change when I am in Australia? Will it pick up the change automatically or will I have to update my Ipod?
    Any help would be great. Thanks.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You can change it up on iTunes. You might better off keeping the US store

Are you going to apply for dual citizenship? It's a pain but the visas don't let you stay too long and flying all the way back from there is grueling.
  3. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah, definitely stick with the US store, as for the maps; Google Maps is the entire world, so don't worry about it.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

everything will be fine - just make sure you stick with the US store, because the US store has almost every app (I can't think of one we don't have in our store) but australia, not so much...
  5. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Oh and don't forget, the accelerometer works backwards there, so you're gonna have to use your iPod upside down all the time.
  6. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, that one caught me off guard when I went from Hong Kong back here to Australia, all of a sudden my movie flipped the other way flying back here.
  7. uber hax

uber hax Guest

what? really? why? how?
  8. Katryss

Katryss Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    One thing you might want to do is purchase a new Australian 3-pin charger for you Touch once you're here. You can get them at the Apple Store in Sydney or at any JB HIFI store.
  9. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    it is called sarcasm. try some! it's delicious.
  10. tessie04

tessie04 New Member

thanks for all the advice. although I am not sure who is using sarcasim and who isn't when it comes to talking about the device flipping the screen. I hope it was just a bad pun about being down under. Anyway, the info on keeping the US store makes sense but what I am still a little confused about, when I use the store I will be technically connecting online won't I? and if that's the case then how will I be able to continue to download things from a US site even though I am in Australia. before the jabs come in, I know it is the world wide web, but I have tried to watch Australian cricket highlight videos while online in America and sometimes I am unable because the website says I am not in Australia so it won't give me permission. Does that work both ways or is that hocus when it comes to the Apps store? Can I continue to download things from my US Apps store while in Australia without any limitations? Thanks again.