Taking it apart.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JohnnyAndroid, Jan 29, 2009.

1. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    I know the one guy did a tutorial, but I was just wondering if anyone here knows of a more simple way to dismantle the iPod touch 1G because I'm having usb connector cable problems. I go to plug it into the bottom of the iPod and nothing.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have to slightly pull out the left side of the charger and sometimes that doesn't even work.

I've already called apple but I have no warranty(this is my second iPod, the first one bricked) and the sent me this one and it had this problem since I got it. So, I'd like to try and fix it on my own if I can.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Its really simple just be careful with the battery cause those cables break easily (I would know).

My other suggestion is buy an easy open tool online instead of using an razor or etc...

Other than that here's an awesome walk-through that i used to open my ipod multiple times.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106531
  3. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    OFF TOPIC:
    how did it brick?
  4. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Thanks. I'll try it out if apple is lying about my warranty, because I just checked and it says I'm still under until the 14th of Feb. So, I'll be sending this puppy in.
    Ahh, the days of being a noob. It was my first time jailbreaking and I did everything I could to get it to turn on. Then, I didn't know that when the iPod is in DFU mode nothing shows up on the screen so I think my iPod was fine, I just needed to keep going but I gave up and sent it in.