Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Apr 25, 2012.
This sounds really nice.
Ricardo did you try the source http://apt.weiphone.com ? That's the newest source from which the iPeelPlus V2.5.1 can be obtained, instead of the previous V2.4.9. Apparently there were some compatibilty issues with 5.0.1 with some devices, so exquis released that version. You're always free to try it.
Search iPeelPlus if you install the repo. Remember to remove the previous version of ipeelplus firstly though, then install the new one.
Also, seeing that I'm ordering mine tomorrow, does it have any really annoying glitches/problems? (One reason i avoided the Cpeel was because of the plastic over the camera, and the Raisoo T4 because of its beeping.]
Thanks for that app source link DRS2442. I saw it the other day somewhere, installed the app v2.5.1 and lost my peel 520 II Plus for a whole day and couldn't work out why. The Device Status on the /phone/settings/about page just read "AUTHFAIL". I think the software install must have corrupted during the installation.
I tried just about every other app out there for Peels to try and get it working again without any success, but had another go installing V.2.5.1 from apt.weiphone.com and their version finally installed.
The good news, (compared to my previous version peel 520 II), is that V2.5.1 does work on IOS5.01. The SMS function works, and even GPRS works in the UK too (Vodafone at least)! The bug of the volume buttons not working with earphones plugged in has also finally been killed.
Finally I have a peel where everything works!
In case anyone else is struggling to get their Peel 520 II Plus working, here's a few pointers to how I got mine up and running:
* The app installation process is pretty straightforward. Firstly install the source apt.weiphone.com in Cydia and find the iPeelplus V2.5.1 app and install it.
* If you have ended up with V2.4.9, you might be able to upgrade by going to phone/settings/about and choosing the upgrade listed on that page?If not uninstall it and try the new repo.
* The upgrade process is a bit quirky, it took me a few goes to make it work.
* Firstly turn OFF your Peel using the side On/Off button - you should hear a musical shutdown confirmation with no vibration.
* Press "Upgrade" in your phone app settings page, then when it says so, BRIEFLY press the On/Off button on the side of your Peel to start the upgrade.
Your Peel should then upgrade to V2.5.1. You might have to try a few times to avoid the error message that pops up. Turn your peel on again using the On/Off button, you should hear a musical confirmation AND it should vibrate.
Finally, in case you were wondering, V2.4.9 or V2.5.1 will NOT work with IOS 4.3.3, and you CAN'T use V.2.5.1 with IOS 5+ in your old second version Peel 520 II - it doesn't work.
I'm glad I could help! Mine is on the way, so excited! Checking the tracking website in vain every 2 minutes haha!
It should be leaving Hong Kong later today, Hopefully it reaches here in Trinidad & Tobago before the weekend, so I'll get it next week early. *fingers crossed*
I already have the apps installed, set ringtone, personalized my settings lol!
Also, thanks for letting me know about the compatibilty issues. I'm not better informed so as to explain to people who ask me if the app would work with their version of the peel.
OK, a couple of other things to to I forgot:
* Don't try and take the battery out of your 3rd gen peel: it's SOLDERED in place, and you have to open the peel case up to resolder it back.
* If you can't get SMS working on your 2nd generation Peel 520 II, try setting the Ipod clock back by at least two months (try a year if still no luck). If a text isn't sent because of a poor signal you might need to reboot your ipod to clear the pending message. If the SMS app is working you will see a quill icon appear near your battery indicator at the top of the Ipod whenever you send one.
* If you can't get your peel app working don't try the other apps floating round the web like I did, they just make things much worse. Stick with the working apps (correct as of May 20th 2012):
Apple Peel 520 II (2nd Generation) = Yosion App 1.8.0 from http://cydia.peel520.net
Apple Peel 520 II PLUS (3rd Generation) = V2.5.1 from apt.weiphone.com
Unfortunately these app source URL's seem to change every couple of months or so.
I heard it depends on whether Yosion or Exquis made your device for the 2nd Gens.
& Also for 2nd Gens, You have to set your date back to 2011. Stupid tbh, I wish they would just edit the software to remove this glitch.
Oh and thanks for your tip on the battery. Knowing myself, I would have tried to pry it out haha.
Can all apps utilize the GPRS/EDGE function of the peel? [like whatsapp, facebook messenger, ebuddy, imessage]?
On the peel 520 II plus, i can't get the bluetooth functions to work? How do i get my bluetooth headset to work. I already paired and connected it in ipod bluetooth settings. I tried making a call and it doesn't ring through my bluetooth headset? I only hear the sound through the peel520II+ device. Is there a certain way to get the bluetooth to work? Also, I can play music through the bluetooth so i know my bluetooth headset works!
Thats what i wanna know as well! Where is the bluetooth function in the app? I go to the ipod bluetooth settings and pair my headset and dialed a phone number and the call does not transfer to the bluetooth and i tried different bluetooths. Please Register or Log in to view images Specifications show it supports bluetooth.
Please Register or Log in to view images
Sorry for digging up an old-ish thread but you definitely cannot use bluetooth with this device, sorry fellas! But I say we keep this as the central thread for the new 520 plus so we can stay updated with software upgrades and all of that.
I do have one concern by the way... this relates to the messaging system. If I send a message when there is no service on the status bar then the message will just not send at all... kind of an issue. It will not even tell you what sent and what didn't, which can cause some frustration. Also the messaging feature (SMS) cannot be put into landscape mode, this does not concern me but for some people this is upsetting. So far I am very impressed with the device though.
Separate names with a comma.