Take the risk or wait?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by markymark666, Feb 2, 2008.

1. markymark666

markymark666 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hello!
    I searched the forum and compared the 1.1.3 jailbreaks. Every soft-method seems to make its own trouble. In 4 weeks there is supposed to be the REAL 1.1.3 jailbreak.

So should one wait on 1.1.2 or take the risk?
    What's the difference between the soft-method and the coming method?
  2. Musha

Musha New Member

When NateTrue's soft upgrade was released, I used that. Then I had numerous bugs and had problems so I had to restore. Then I used the many other ones released after (this past week), each having their own bug, and sometimes when I plugged it into my computer it would go in Recovery mode on its own and then I'd have to restore it to 1.1.1 and do it all over again. I just tried the one with its own GUI and that had problems too (couldn't add sources, all apps kept freezing). Stick with 1.1.2, thats what I'm going to do after an entire week of trial and error. Wait till the jailbreak comes out and then upgrade.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I went Nate True's as soon as it came out, as I had a heads up on its release timing. I installed it, its patches, and its fixes. Then while refreshing a web page in I had the iPod go into restore mode. I then rejailbroke, but didn't bother with the fixes, as i was waiting upon the Dev Team's JailBreak. Since I was out partying, I didn't catch that one until an hour after it was released. I installed the first dev Team Jailbreak and put it into installer. i didn't have any problems with it at all.

Later, when Upgrade.app came out, I restored and tested it out, later posting it in the forum. Again, I had no problem with it whatsoever, no patches or fixes required.

I'm not going to devote too much time into this, as I know that I'm going to restore when the JailBreak is released at the end of this month.

But, your milage may vary.
  4. orangehades

orangehades New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so the dev's team jailbreak isn't official yet? that explains problems on my apps, iphysics, mim, books...
  5. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The answer is simple in my opinion. Only one little word; WAIT!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. nandihno

nandihno New Member

i installed the first JB from the dev team...but that had some issues...
    maps didnt work..no mater what i did...and space issues..too..
    didnt want to run boss tool fearing i might had further issues....
    also summerboard at the time was not working .so stuck with an ugly iTouch...
    so...went back to 1.1.2 via 1.1.1 JB..
    is more stable...and a real JB...so simply WAIT...WAIT we're in Feb..so couple of weeks to go!
  7. T_1

T_1 New Member

i used dev teams 1.1.3-3 from installer then installed app pack and its working perfectly
    dont know why to wait
    the onliest thing to mention is the broken passwd command in bsd 2.0, but if you turn out ssh when you dont need it you dont have to worry about being hacked cause of the standard password alpine