Tablets?

Discussion in 'iPad Rumors and Pre-release Hype' started by Snowballwarrior, May 28, 2009.

1. Snowballwarrior

Snowballwarrior Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Do you think that they will announce any type of tablet like the HP Touchsmart? If they do hopefully it will have multi-touch capabilities.
  2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple? don't think so..

however isn't there already an... an.... i think iMod Book ?
  3. .PhP-Alex

.PhP-Alex New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think they said they were hoping on a tablet before 2010 but dont quote me on that lol
  4. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

before 2010? lIkely.
  5. .PhP-Alex

.PhP-Alex New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    am i wrong i heard it on cnets apply byte or somewere but they were talking about touch screen computer or tablet

lol heres a quote but done quote me on it
  6. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, just no....it is not happening anytime soon. It will happen eventually...

-No Standard Tablet/Convertable because- it'd cost to much freaking money right now!
    -No UMPC/Small Tablet Slate because- Apple won't move into that space until the hardware is powerfull enough for them to provide a "good experience" everything out there right now is just sub par for most everything but web based stuff...which everything will eventually be based of off any way but you know how it goes.
    -No MID because- They'd have to create a whole new version of OSX to fit it...that would take much more time, plus the ipod/iphone oil well hasn't peaked yet...once that field levels off, they'll move into another.

Now, no. 1-2 yrs later, yes.
  7. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Look at the HP touchsmart, if they can do it, im 100000% sure apple are able to lol.
  8. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Of course they can do it. that is not the question at all. The difference is, Apple actually tries to make good overall quality multi-touch laptop's and desktops are nice, and that takes a long time! You do realize the iphone was in development YEARS before any solid evidence of it was found out.

The HP software sucks and is useless...the only reason I would even think about purchasing a multi-touch pc is because of windows 7 and how much it utilizes touchscreens.

Apple on the other has yet to incorporate touchscreen goodies in OSX. They have patents for them, but nothing more than that. Apple will definitely make a tablet before a touchscreen desktop. Why, the overall appeal of a mobile tablet or "big iphone" is soooo much greater than a huge screen that you have to hold your flabby arms up to all day.

It's simple buddy....Apple isn't ready! They don't have the software prepared yet, and they surely aren't going to rush anything like that, because that is not the kind of company they are. They also aren't going to make anything soon, because they'd have to charge a small fortune in order for them to sell these things and make the 90%(they sarcasm is to be understood on that one) profit they make on all of there electronics.

It's just not happening this year...sorry