T-Mobile on iPhone=)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cityboyz33142, Mar 10, 2010.

1. cityboyz33142

cityboyz33142 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I searched this topic and still couldn't find an answer. Here's the question, if i buy an iPhone 2 or 3g, can I use my tmobile simcard, which has the unlimited plan(text, talk, web, data), can i still use the edge on the iPhone, and will the app store work with my tmobile internet? And if so, how do I go about doing this? Thanks, in advance.
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You won't be able to use 3G (I think), but you'll have EDGE.
    The App Store will work perfectly fine (although it may be slow).

I don't have any experience doing so, though.
    I'd wait for somebody to explain to you how.
  3. rex450se

rex450se Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    My wife and I both had iPhone's on T-Mobile. She had a 2g and I had a 3g and everything worked fine. The only thing you need to do is make sure to put in the right APN settings to get the data working. You can call T-Mobile and they will give you all the settings you need, or you can find them online. Before you buy make sure it is on a firmware that is unlockable and not one somebody upgraded that hasn't been hacked yet and you will just have a paperweight until they do.

Victor
  4. jeanlery2010

jeanlery2010 New Member

I consider iPhones on T-Mobile yet I am using it with no doubt or any problem. It is right to check the APN settings in order to access the particular data. When I was on the same situation, I performed to call the T-Mobile and gives me the best advice.