System Updates

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SaMaster14, Sep 26, 2007.

1. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    One question, most people tell me to wait to get the Touch because it will have problems inside it, is that true? But if it is, can't those all be fixed by system updates?

PS: I'm not talking about the GB size, since people said I should wait to see if apple comes out with one with more memory, but I don't really care about the memory.
  2. GSOCHRIS

GSOCHRIS New Member

I've been using mine for about a week now and really enjoy it! Keep in mind this is coming from someone who hasn't owned anything Apple before. I have yet to find anything technically wrong. There are enhancements I would like to see but my overall opinion is recommend to buy. Good luck making your decision.
  3. superjim

superjim New Member

I've been using my touch for about three days now... Actually I'm using it to post this message. Don't get me wrong I love this thing, but there are problems. 1) if you load too many websites or a very java complex site it will crash your iPod especially if you listening to music too. 2) the on the go play list has some problems. Adding to the list while your listening to it makes the iPod confused which song your playing.

Honesty even with those problems this thing is still amazing and I'm hoping those get fixed in the next update.

Anyone else having problems with their iPod touch?
  4. tsukaza

tsukaza New Member

remember it is not a PC or a PDF, it doesn't have a killer cpu in there. So don't do too many things at the same time.
  5. GSOCHRIS

GSOCHRIS New Member

I agree, you really have to take it for what it IS...an MP3 player with WiFi. Ok, I know there's more to it but again just understand that you're not sitting at your desktop.

Honestly, I didn't expect to reach lighting fast WebPages nor did I expect this thing to sense when I wanted a drink of water. Although I think it would be cool to have cover flow on your contacts pictures!
  6. timothyjay2004

timothyjay2004 New Member

From what it seems like, there were a few isolated production issues that Apple immediately corrected. I haven't read/heard of any issues since. I have mine and I am in love with it. By far the best iPod I have owned. I got the 8 GB. I was going to get the 16.. but when the hell would I listen to like 7 days of music in a row??? But if the only issue is you are worried about quality issues, just get one, they are fine now and are awesome.
  7. kevio

kevio New Member

My store was still getting the ones with the bad display as of this week. Maybe next week's shipment will start to get good ones. I'm exchanging mine again on Monday.