system string problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by procharged, Dec 9, 2008.

1. procharged

procharged Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    does anyone know where the ratings strings are (after you delete an app it asks you to rate the app)so i could maybe ssh in to the phone and replace this file or whatever. i have no clue why this is like this and its no big deal but i would like to fix it. i do have strings edited but never messed with this one. all the rest are fine.
    heres what i get when i delete an app. iphone 3g btw

Please Register or Log in to view images

i found this kind of wierd.....i used iutilities to edit my strings. all was well. my wife has an iphone 3g as well jailbroken with the same firmware(2.2) etc. i just ssh'ed into her phone and copied her springboard.strings file, deleted my file and replaced it with her original one, and all my strings are the same as what i had them...not the original slide to unlock and whatnot. whats up with that? and it also didnt fix the rating string problem.
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure that that's a component of the App Store application that works with SpringBoard (and doesn't read from the .strings file as other alert sheets do), but it's possible it's there. Have fun looking through that!
  3. procharged

procharged Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i found this kind of wierd.....i used iutilities to edit my strings. all was well. my wife has an iphone 3g as well jailbroken with the same firmware(2.2) etc. i just ssh'ed into her phone and copied her springboard.strings file, deleted my file and replaced it with her original one, and all my strings are the same as what i had them...not the original slide to unlock and whatnot. whats up with that? and it also didnt fix the rating string problem.
  4. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

I found I had similar thing happen when I edited slide to unlock.

after much head scratching it turned out that I needed to convert the strings file from bin to xml after that everything was fine
  5. procharged

procharged Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok can anybody tell me if i just relace the whole app store folder with my wifes if this will fix the problem or will i then have problems with my apps updating and all that since its from her phone and there may be info in her folder that will mess with mine?
  6. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

7. jmanprousk

jmanprousk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can I also have the file?
  8. troender

troender New Member

9. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device: