System sounds and Alarm Clock

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Asuraku, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I was going to try getting used using my iPod as an alarm the other day and I noticed that the alarm doesn't allow for music to be played, like older iPod's allow. But instead, those dumb little blips and bleeps are all that you have to choose from.

What I would like to see is a Alarm App that uses the song(s) of your choice for an alarm and that has options like, Fade in, looping, and choice for which date it will go off on if necessary.

Also, those dumb little blips and bleeps weren't dumb at all. Why not use the piezoelectric speaker, which is obviously present, to produce; let's say, NES sound? Or for example, the thought about Tamagotchi port? Why hasn't anyone exploited this yet, or looked into it? It it possible?

Just my thoughts on a few things. What do you folks think?

EDIT:

The sound files for the alarms are .aif format and are located under/root/Library/Alarms/

They are 16-bit (little endian), Mono, 44.100kHz and I tried putting my own in It didn't work because it's aiff and I can only get files to convert to aifc. I don't have the option to convert to little endian, just Big however, I'll leave this up to some of you who deal with sound editing a little better that I do. Hope this helps!
  2. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    BUMP!

I want 16-bit sound implementation for NES!!!
  3. holtramdrummer

holtramdrummer New Member

Custom Alarm Sounds?

I open itunes and clicked Edit>Preferences>Advanced>Importing and change the decoding file type for AAC to AIFF then i went back to my library and converted a song that i selected for an alarm. When it had finished converting I SSHed into my ipod and uploaded my song to folder where the other alarms are located. I went to my ipod and checked to see if my song was there, it was but when i click it, it does not play like the others. I changed the permissions of the song to the same as the other alarms (664) but it still does not work.

If anyone can figure it out i give u mad props.