System Images?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by da1geek, Jun 16, 2008.

1. da1geek

da1geek New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For a long time i've been working with ipods and relatively easy-difficult mods for several different versions. Most of the mods revolved around changing the original photos stored for the Ipod. Most used the program IpodWizard to do so, and i'm one of them. I've been curious for a while now, after playing around with the iPod Touch and basic install Apps and customize: Is there a way to access the system images stored on the Ipod Touch? I'm assuming since most themes include changes to the dock, battery, and other images, that there is in fact a way to access these images. I already have the relatively easy way to access Ipod folders through winSCP, but unfortunately, i'm not sure either where to look for the images, or even what to do if i found them.

Long story short: How would i find/edit the default images for the Ipod Touch

Any replies would be great, thanks.
  2. legallyillegal

legallyillegal New Member

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
  3. da1geek

da1geek New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thank for handin' me the destination. This question may sound/be stupid, but now that i've coppied/extracted the images from the source, why aren't they visible? I was hopeing to edit them in the same dimensions so they could be edited, but since they're not viewable, i don't know how i'd do that. Also, as a side note, i'm able to view all the mod images (for example a battery image mod, i can view the images from that).
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You need to convert them to readable pngs. There's a guide, search for it.