System fonts for iOS4

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by ayeyobro, Jul 31, 2010.

1. ayeyobro

ayeyobro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. download this package->http://www.[PIRACY.mf].com/?mymlotyjklz and unzip

2. put the 3 files into a folder and the font you wanna port too plain and bold

3. Drag the file Helvetica.ttc into BREAKTTC.EXE and it will automatically create 8 files (FONT00.TTF FONT01.TTF ..... FONT08.TTF) The files appear in C:/Documents and Settings/..../

4. delete the files FONT00.TTF and FONT01.TTF and rename the Helvetica.ttf to FONT00.TTF and HelveticaBold.ttf to FONT01.TTF and drag them both where the other eight files are, along with the MAKETTC program.

5. Open the command prompt(start, run then run cmd.exe) and write all this code MAKETTC Helvetica.ttc FONT00.TTF FONT01.TTF FONT02.TTF FONT03.TTF FONT04.TTF FONT05.TTF FONT06.TTF FONT07.TTF FONT08.TTF enter

this will create a file called HELVETIC.TTC

6. rename that file to Helvetica.ttc

7. via SSH go to the folder System/Library/Fonts/Cache
    rename the file Helvetica.ttc (which is inside the folder Cache) to Helvetica.backup and drag the file you created before

8. Make a Respring and enjoy

All this comes from schnedi at [PIRACY].com, i just added onto what he said, where parts were vague and it was easy to get lost, but this works great and I personally used it. Comment or Pm with any questions.
  2. thepizzanator

thepizzanator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Great tutorial, I'd just like to add a couple of things...

- Probably a good idea to back up the original fonts.
    - You can download FontSwap on Cydia which does basically the same thing. There are also loads of fonts on Cydia that work with fontswap.
  3. ayeyobro

ayeyobro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You could but system fonts don't work for FontSwap unless there was some update I didn't get. And with this process all fonts are backed up but thank you

Please Register or Log in to view images