iOS 4.1 Syncing to iTunes while jailbroken

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iTouchEC, Oct 11, 2010.

1. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Okay, so I realize that a jailbroken iPod can sync to iTunes, but I'd like to ask...will iTunes create a backup and save the jailbreak? So if I were to have an iPod in DFU and used the backup, would it install the jailbreak onto an factory set iPod? What about apps or games I've received thru my jailbreak, will those save also?

Thank you.
  2. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The backup isn't really a full backup, mostly just settings...If you use a backup from while you were jailbroken though, you may notice a few things.

For instance if you had the battery percentage enabled when it was backed up, that will be there when you use that backup...

The actual jailbreak however, will not be reinstalled that way.
  3. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok thank you.

Another question, before I jailbroke today, I had it restored, and only had a few apps and no songs on my Touch before I jailbroke. Can I just sync it to iTunes, add some songs, and be good? I forgot to add music before jailbreaking, but just wanna know if it's just like adding songs on a non jbroken ipod?
  4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

5. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    lol syncing your music and apps works exactly the same as for a non-jailbroken iDevice.
  6. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It saves certain parts of your iPhone jailbreak and all settings (that are inside the settings app). As for a jailbreak itself no.

I advise you always start afresh when re-jailbreaking, you can lose GB's of data upgrading your phone as the previous jailbreak data is not removed from your phone and is not seen by the iDevice any more, so 2GB of jailbreak data after an update will be taken from your overall capacity.
  7. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks guys. So when I sync, will it automatically save a backup? What if I don't want a backup (with jailbreak + settings saved on the backup).

I already have a backup saved from when I wasn't jailbroken.

And Curt. I did a full restore before jailbreaking again (got rid of all traces of the previous jailbreak), but thanks for the heads up!
  8. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Just use a clean copy.