Syncing problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brown jenkin, May 23, 2008.

1. brown jenkin

brown jenkin New Member

Whenever i connect my ipod touch to my pc, it will start to sync only a few songs before displaying this message- "ipod cannot be synced. The disk could not be read from or written to, attempting to copy to the disk failed". I have restored the ipod, reinstalled itunes, but still the problem exists!! Please help me. Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Bondomination

Bondomination New Member

Did you maybe try and restore your iPod while in Recovery mode? That's what I did when that happened to me. Otherwise your iPod is toast.
  3. xxjustinxx

xxjustinxx New Member

Try using Ziphone and put it in normal mode...
  4. tevalass

tevalass New Member

Did you find something that worked - because I have the same trouble, and unfortuantely I'm a bumbling brunette when it comes to technology.... can someone perhaps point me in the right direction.
  5. tevalass

tevalass New Member

Thanks xxjustinxx for suggesting the Ziphone - after loading that, the iTunes has finally managed to sync past 5 of 600 songs, and is at 198 and going strong! THANK YOU

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ok, I spoke too soon,,,,, its failed again. Crap.
  6. chrisc923

chrisc923 New Member

maybe try restoring in DFU mode (ziphone will help put you there)
    and using another usb port and if possible a different usb cable <-- sounds dumb, but usually works
    if that doesnt work try reinstalling itunes once more.

if not id restore and return to apple
  7. Campa

Campa New Member

I got my touch for xmas last year and from new it synced fine but then after jailbreaking and messing around I needed to put 500 songs back on all at once and it came up with the same error... it gradually gets the songs on but only after plugging and un-plugging when the error comes up time and time again (very painful)

So I took it back on a Saturday and had a new one on Monday... get it home and plug it in (did not jailbreak it) and got exactly the same error all over again!!!

The interesting thing is that the reason it was replaced so quick was because in the mac store they got exactly the same error when trying to sync it to their imac. This means the problem it most probably with the ipod, but could i really be that unlucky and get two dodgy ipods?
  8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Please check the date stamp on threads before posting. This thread is from 2 weeks ago, with the latest reply being 1 week ago. That said, this is considered gravedigging.
  9. Campa

Campa New Member

The problem hasn't been solved and I'm still looking for a solution?
    if I started a new thread you would tell me to search before I post!
    that's called thread duplication & you are what we call a tosser