syncing problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by assault_04, Mar 11, 2008.

1. assault_04

assault_04 New Member

I need help! no matter what i do when i sync my library no less than a minute or so, an error pops up says that my ipod is not connected, or ipod disk cannot be written to. I think it might be corrupted. I've tried reinstalling itunes 7.6. I think it might be the cause of 7.6 because when i had 7.5 no problems occured before my computer crashed and I had to restore everything. But now i cannot downgrade because my itunes library is programed for 7.6 It's an ipod touch. If anybody knows how to fix can u please help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    just restore

1. turn off you ipod
    2. hold the power and home button at the same time
    3. keep holding the buttons until the apple logo shows up
    4. when the apple logo shows up let go of the power button
    5. keep holding the home button until you see itunes icon and a dock connector

itunes should say that you need to restore so click ok

and click restore.

this will take you to firmware 1.1.4 if you would like to downgrade and jailbreak just see my signature.
  3. assault_04

assault_04 New Member

Nah i did the restore mode several times.. Nothing was fixed or anything..thanks though
  4. unicorechoice

unicorechoice New Member

Hey, mine does the same, from 1.1.1 to 1.14, itunes 7.5 to 7.6, makes no difference. As far as I can tell, this is a somewhat common thing, and I have no idea why there is no solution to this, and no one treats it seriously. I have restored mine four or more times, and used every ipod AND itunes firmware yet, and still the same, something like 5 to 200 songs transferred, then disconnected. NO IDEA what on earth is happening but i wish someone could give us some help.