Syncing on a different computer, need some questions answered.

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by G8D, Feb 4, 2009.

1. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi there

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have a 2G iPod Touch (for those poor people who can't look to the right

)
    I am planning to synch my iPod Touch with a computer that is not my origional "syncher" and need some questions asked.
    Both of the iTunes are registered to the same account and, as far as I know, the app permissions were transferred when updating to 2.2.1 with my secondary computer (my origional laptop is out for the count at this time..)

So, if I resync on this other computer will all my apps AND pictures still be there on my iPod (or easy enough to re-get)
    I know I don't have to pay again as its all going to the same iPod I just wanna know if its easy to get all of my apps back on without downloading all seperately..

Thanks guys

2. sconethief

sconethief Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I need the same info too xD
  3. feral

feral New Member

Be carefull

Be carefull about doing a Sync to any Itunes other than your original machine. You may be ahead by going into Itunes and setting it to manual sync before attaching your Touch 2. You can then transfer materials on you Touch to your new computer manually as an auto sync will remove songs and other data from your Touch that is not in your Itunes program on the computer you are sync-ing to.