Syncing issues with new ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bugthisshit, Mar 30, 2008.

1. bugthisshit

bugthisshit Banned

Hey. I read all the search stuff that came up, but none if it helped me. I've spent hours with tech support and taken my equipment into the apple store, none of them could help me.

I just bought an ipod touch, but it will not show up as a device in itunes. it shows up in my device manager (xp pro service pack 2), it charges, the itunes diagnostics says that it's connected, it gives me the correct serial number and firmware version, everything, but it will not show up as a device in itunes and therefore will not sync. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything a million times. does anybody have any advice or has anybody had the same problem and been able to resolve it?
  2. theoklovning

theoklovning New Member

try putting it in restore mode and restore it. you do that by holding down both buttons until it resets and when it does, release the top button. it needs to be plugged it. after a while itunes should recognize it and ask you to restore it. restore and sync afterwards. that helped me when the same happened to me!
  3. bugthisshit

bugthisshit Banned

Well, I don't know how much this helps, but as soon as I got it into restore mode, itunes recognized it instantly and listed it as a device. It restored, rebooted, reauthorized again so that it would go to the home screen and allow me to use it but then again itunes doesn't show it as a device, leaving me where I left off. Any other ideas?
  4. flame777

flame777 Member

Are you using the latest iTunes?
    Version 7.6.1.9

If not try using updating, if that doesn't work, try downloading an older iTunes version from http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.htm (try 7.4 first)