syncing issue MAJOR

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by airplanefan125, Jun 30, 2010.

1. airplanefan125

airplanefan125 New Member

I downloaded a bad app from Cydia on my Jailbroken ipod touch 2g MB model and I went into safe mode.
    It said to simply reboot or restart springboard, I did both but it was still in Safe mode.
    I restored the ipod and now that I am trying to resync it, my iTunes says that there is a file missing on my ipod and that it can not sync.
    It also says there is an unknown error.
    iTunes says it can not sync because there are too many files open
    This and my "other" space keeps fluctuating from almost 2 gigs to less than 500 mb.

My mind is completely baffled by how this could happen, if anyone could just get my ipod back to normal, I will be EXTREMELY greatful.
  2. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

If you're stuck in safe mode, you may need to restore. It sounds like a few of your launch deamons got messed up somewhere in the process, and without getting out of safe mode, theres no way to repair those. Sorry mate.
  3. airplanefan125

Hi there,
    I did restore after being stuck in safe mode, and now i believe I am out of it (doesnt say "exit safe mode" on status bar). Does this mean I can still repair my deamons? Thank you very much for helping me with such a mind boggling situation.
  4. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

If you restored, they're already fixed. Because you restored you need to re-jailbreak, as you no longer are, and reinstall all jb apps. It sucks I know, but it's what has to happen.
  5. airplanefan125

Here's the thing though. I have restored and you say they should be fixed, they are not because i cant sync my ipod as there is a "required file missing".
  6. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

Ah, I think you may need to do a DFU restore. Hold down the power and home button until it shuts off, then release the power button and just hold the home. After about 10 seconds, your computer should recognize an iPod in restore (DFU) mode, and the screen on the iPod will be black. Do another restore.

Post results when done, if you would be so kind sir.
  7. airplanefan125

Amazing. The problem is completely solved thanks to you man! Thanks sooooo much.

The sync worked just like normal with no weird errors and messages, the DFU restore worked.

Thanks just one last time.