Syncing iPod causes SWOD

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IcarusForde, May 8, 2010.

1. IcarusForde

IcarusForde New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Whenever I try to sync my iPod Touch to iTunes to try and put some music on, I get about 5 minutes of grace time (maximum) and then it just gives me the SWOD and sticks to it.

iTunes doesn't freeze, but it just keeps trying to sync whilst the SWOD is on screen, but very, very slow. The iPod will then reboot itself after about 2 minutes on the SWOD.

I'm running 3.1.2 on a Jailbroken iPod Touch 2nd Generation. I've had this issue before, and I tried restoring my iPod to see if that fixed it, and it didn't. I've found whisperings on the net of it being a USB issue (my cable is a little beaten up) but there's nothing really concrete. It's not an iTunes related issue, even if I don't have iTunes open it still throws a SWOD.

So yeah... It's sorta frustrating, and anybody with help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to try getting another cable for it, so if it's that, it should clear up... If not, it could get complicated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Master Dover

Master Dover Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well the only other thing it could be is a package you downloaded... you can try removing the latest package to see if that fixes the problem