Syncing help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewToTheGrounds, Jan 6, 2010.

1. NewToTheGrounds

NewToTheGrounds Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I recently formatted my computer, with that had to reinstall itunes. Is there any way to sync my iPhone to the itunes with out losing everything on it? I don't care about apps more things like contacts and what not. When I connect my phone it picks it up as a new device on itunes, a given. With this it wants to whipe my phone, is there any way around that or am i domed to loosing everthing on it? thanks.
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

You should be able to merge your contacts between your computer and your iPhone and it will save your contacts to your computer without deleting them off your iPhone.

As far as the music you will need to either SSH into the iPhone and pull them out or use one of a bunch of different programs to pull the music off the iPhone and install it back on your computer.

I'm sure you are aware of this but if you sync the iPhone now it will erase the music on your iPhone. If you want to save the contacts only sync the contacts; be sure everything else is not checked to sync and you will be OK.
  3. NewToTheGrounds

NewToTheGrounds Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ya pretty much the only thing I wanted to keep are all my contacts the music I can just put back on I guess for pictures the best way to go would be to SSH onto the phone and grab them? I selected Backup on my iphone and Sync, so if I do anything now like click manually manage music it will format it wich is fine as long as it will sync my contacts back afterwards.