syncing apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sjleworthy, Dec 28, 2009.

1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    silly question.....

i've just downloaded an app from the app store to my computer via itunes. how do i get it to my ipod touch?

if i click on 'syncing applications' in itunes, it warns me that all ipod apps and data will be lost and replaced with my itunes apps. i only have 1 app in itunes and tons on my touch that i want to keep.

so how?

i normally go straight from the app store to my device, not through the computer.

thanks.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Is your iPod and iTunes on the same account? Because usually it asks to transfer the purchases from your iPod to your computer.
  3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    both the same account
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Odd.. was your iPod originally synced to another computer?
  5. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    no. what should happen then?

i've never synced back and forth between the 2. all i do i sometimes sync albums via itunes. i've never synced apps before.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok, that was obviously too hard. lets try this one.....

In the APPLICATIONS tab under my device, i see all my 10 or so pages of apps all grayed out.

Then i click on SYNC APPLICATIONS, and it then lets me select the new applications on my computer i want to copy across, but, as soon as i click the tick box my home screens all disappear back to the standard ipod touch factory preset (as if i havent yet bought any apps).

if i drag and drop my new app over to my device and confirm with the SYNC button, will it delete all the other apps i already have installed?
  6. Magnum

Magnum New Member

what it is asking is if you want to transfer your apps from your ipod to the computer. If you say no but sync, if will delete all the apps in your ipod and transfer the one app in itunes. when it asks to transfer data, just hit yes, you will NOT loose anything if you do that.