Syncing apps from Ipod Touch -> Itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Starkey, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Starkey

Starkey New Member

Hey, I've got a 2nd Gen Ipod Touch, and i've been having a few problems with it sadly.

I went into the apple store, and they said that I should restore it. So i'm like ok, but last time i restored it i lost all my applications and had to reinstall them on, and they said that I could sync them from my ipod to my Itunes on my PC.

Problem is, I can't seem to sync the ones i have on my ipod to my Itunes. When i press the Ipod touch icon on the left of my itunes, I can look at all my movies/music/pictures, but at the application tab there's nothing, and that's when i press "Sync applications - all applications" and sync it again. Is there a way to sync them from the ipod to my pc, so when I restore it i can put them all back on it easily?

Thanks for reading,

Starkey
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Did you authorize the computer with your account and transfer purchases?
  3. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Uhh.. I think so :\
    When you plug in your iPod, on the left of iTunes, right-click it and "transfer purchases from device"

and then they should go to your iTunes if you bought the apps on your iPod

But why would you want to? Surely your apps are already on your PC?

And remember you can re-buy the apps you already own (legally) for free from iTunes.
  4. Starkey

Starkey New Member

Don't really know what you're trying to say. If you're asking whether i'm connected to the same itunes account on my Ipod Touch and my Itunes on my PC, yes, i am.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Thanks a lot, that's what I was looking for

Please Register or Log in to view images

And yes, I realise i could re-download them all, but I wouldn't remember what I had

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Hmm, weird. I pressed "Transfer purchases from Ipod" and it done a loading thing at the top saying it was transfering a few of my apps, then nothing appeared at the app bit of the menu =/ f*** sakes
  5. Stephster11

Stephster11 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so happy i found this out, i had that same problem and just fixed it, if this doesn't work for you idk what will. sign into you're itunes account go to "store" on the tool bar on top of itunes (next to file, edit, view, ect.) and click authorize computer. then go to apps and hit sync. i did it and its working =], if it doesn't work send me a message at youtube.com/stephster11