Syncing Applications from iPod to Mac..

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by stickypop, Oct 30, 2008.

1. stickypop

stickypop Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Is it possible to copy the apps from my iPod to my Mac without them all disappearing if I try and add more from Mac to iPod?

Basically, most of my apps are bought straight to my iPod but I never transfer my apps over to iTunes, mainly because I can't be arsed, but the problem is, my iPod was set up on my Windows XP Computer, so I now want the apps I have transfered to my Mac from my iPod since I only use my Mac now really.

I know that sounds confusing but please see if you can help me, I'm aware that you should be able to back it up but I'm not sure how to do it if my iPod see's my PC as it's "main source"

Some help please

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The computer should ask if you want to transfer over the Apps if you've authorized the computer to do so. It SHOULD ask you directly if anything will be deleted.
  3. stickypop

stickypop Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think I've solved it now thanks, my Mac wasn't authorized >_> so now I'm transferring purchases over. Hopefully I'll now be able to get apps from iTunes Store instead of waiting on my iPod to get them.
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you've already downloaded the App, it'll be in your account and you can re-download them Free of Charge.
  5. stickypop

stickypop Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You positive? I don't want to be charged again for anything - I don't have it on either computers or iPod but I have some I've bought but thought I'd lost - such as iCopter.

Edit: Just come to get iCopter again, but it's asking me to buy the application.. yet it's in my Purchase history..