SynchStep

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by adamman41, May 14, 2008.

1. adamman41

adamman41 New Member

Anyone get this to work yet, I'm on a pc, I dont nkow how to configure my itunes songs to work with it, can someone help me out? i downloaded Beatunes but what do i do from here?
  2. zman93

zman93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it says for me, cannot automatically add the beat to songs because they are protected songs.
  3. hatchinatore

hatchinatore Member

if your on a mac, you can try out BPMer. search it in google. sadly it cost 20$ for the full, but the tral lets you do artist a-j so if you want to test it out there you go.
  4. davebarrie

davebarrie New Member

i got the app on their site to add bpm to my songs, syncing up with my ipod right now.
    this looks fun! I'll find out today if its any good
  5. davebarrie

davebarrie New Member

super lame

after bmp all my songs, i get an error message that "none of your songs has bpm"

suxor, i got my hopes up.
  6. kolywater

kolywater New Member

how to set it up

hey all,

so, i wrote synchstep, and the setup and bpm calculation is really easy.

on the setup page (http://synchstep.com/iphone.html), you basically just make a playlist and then download the software i have there and it will automatically detect the BPM for your songs and prep them for synchstep.

if your songs are already tagged with accurate bpm values, you just need to download the app that preps your songs for SynchStep (Link below step #2).

oh, the bpm tagger won't on protected songs, but SynchStep will be able to play protected songs that have a BPM value.

again, just head over to http://synchstep.com/iphone.html for how to set it up.

post here if you have any issues and i'll help resolve them.

greg
  7. kolywater

kolywater New Member

if your songs already have a bpm value, you still need to download "SynchStep Prep" to allow SynchStep to read the bpm value. It's mac/win and free. The links are on http://synchstep.com/iphone.html under step #2.
  8. adamman41

adamman41 New Member

hey so i try using the BEAtunes thing bu almost all of my songs have locks o nthem and it says they cant be analyzed or whatever because i bought them off itunes or somehting, is there anyway to do it when i purchased all m songs?
  9. kolywater

kolywater New Member

for protected songs you'll have to tap out the bpm by hand. i don't know of any tools that can analyze protected files. you can still use synchstep once you have a bpm for all your protected songs. synchstep can play protected songs just fine.

sorry i can't be of more help with that one. this is yet another reason why DRM is bad.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Shripe

Shripe New Member

So I tried, but it's giving me an error when I try to install:
    Error opening file for writing:
    C:\Program Files\SynchStep Prep\Interop.iTunesLib.dll

If I ignore (skip that file), another one comes up with the same error:
    C:\Program Files\SynchStep Prep\SynchStep Prep.exe

Any idea why that's coming up? I noticed a couple of my songs had a set BPM value, but I thought they were overridden by the analysis that BeaTunes did, yet it still gave me the error on SynchStep. I probably need to use the prep to clear things up.