Synchronize after a format?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dreossk, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Dreossk

Dreossk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hello,

A couple of months ago I got my iPod Touch v2 and I used iTunes to transfer my music (obviously) then I never used iTunes again. Now, here is the problem, I had to format the disk containing Windows and iTunes on my computer. I didn't care for months but I'm starting to have a couple of music CD I need to transfer to my iPod so I reinstalled iTunes but it says I need to erase my iPod to re-transfer all?!?! Can't it say to my iTunes what I have on my iPod and then start from there? I still have all the music on my other disk but I don't want to re-transfer, rename and reorganize everything again, it took my hours to do that.

I must also say that my iPod is now jailbroken (after the format) so I have a couple of things that I'd lose if I erase all.

Thanks.
  2. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Unfortunately, with the format, you had also deleted your iTunes libraries, the data responsible for linking all song info to your locations of your music. iTunes libraries also include data from your Touch, so iTunes now doesn't recognize your Touch, thinking it is a new one, due to deleting the previous Touch data. I'm sorry to say, but from what I know, you'll have to do it all over again man. Plus, if you're in 3.0, there's now a jailbreak for it man.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Dreossk

Dreossk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok so in the future I'll need to backup that data? Is it a single file?
  4. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Doing data backups is always a must, even if it isn't highly as recommended as it should. Yeah, all iTunes content is located in your Music folder (WINvista) or in your My Music folder (WinXP).