Sync problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by powz, Jun 17, 2008.

1. powz

powz New Member

I'm having problems syncing my iPod Touch with my Mac. The only thing that I can use to sync my Touch is the original sync cable that came with it. I have trouble syncing with Belkin's iPod dock ("TuneSync"), while my iPod Nano 3G syncs with it perfectly. I'm even unable to sync with an older iPod's sync cable. Is this normal behaviour for the iPod Touch (i.e. only able to sync with the included cable) or is there something wrong with mine?

I've jailbroken the Touch but I've tried resetting and even restoring my Touch to factory settings (using the original sync cable, of course), with no luck.

Usually I get an error that says the iPod is not readable or writable. Sometimes it starts syncing for a few songs and then I get "Attempting to copy to the disk [name ] failed. The device is not connected."

I'm thinking of sending it in for repairs but I won't if incompatibility with older sync cables/docks is a normal issue for the iPod Touch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I would check the compatibility with Belkin first.
  3. powz

powz New Member

4. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    remember anything not approved by apple may not work!
  5. powz

powz New Member

Well Belkin is a pretty big 3rd party accessories maker for Apple...and whatever happened to "it just works"...

Please Register or Log in to view images

By the way, I'm trying to sync in Mac OS 10.5.3.
  6. powz

powz New Member

By the way, in case anyone's interested, I found out that the iPod Touch apparently has a chip that makes it difficult to sync with anything other than Apple's dock...