Sync photos without shrinking them?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by harahune, Dec 4, 2009.

1. harahune

harahune New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have some photos I want to put on my iPod in their full original size. However they get shrunk when I transfer them. I know the default photo viewer doesn't have a zoom function or anything, but I have Photo Viewer which does. But the images I sync'd to my ipod are already shrunk. How can I transfer full size images?
  2. AiPoduser

AiPoduser New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    u can't it has to be able to fit on the itouch
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Try uh.. emailing the photo to yourself, then saving it on your iPod. Not sure if that'll work but might as well try.
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Me to i wonder how could we possibly sync pictures in their full original size to the ipod touch and iphone

when itunes "optimizes" pictures for the ipod it actually shrinks the pics to the match he ipod touch screen resolution, which makes the picture lose quality

Please Register or Log in to view images

i don't understand why cant the ipod have full resolution pics, it makes the device look cheap

also my psp which has a screen resolution of only 480x272 can handle full resolution pics out of my 7.1 megapixel digital camera

also i would like to point out that crapple didn't fix yet the bug in which many photos downloaded from the internet from your ipod/iphone look BLURRY

this is one of the biggest deficiencies on the iphone that have yet to be solved by crapple

i mean how hard can it be if the psp can do it
    which has relatively lower res screen (480x272) compared to the iphone/ipod 640x480

please correct me if i am wrong

i found some other specs

ipod/iphones screen res 480x320
    psp screen resolution 320x240
  5. AiPoduser

AiPoduser New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    tried that dident work it needs to fit the ipod or it will shrink
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    what i said ^^^
    what i said ^^^
  6. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    We shouldn't have to do that
    makes the device look cheap
    i hate this kind of deficiencies crapple makes us go through

If the psp can handle full resolution pics why cant the iphone which btw has grater display resolution

this is just as stupid as not having full bluetooth capabilities

DARN YOU CRAPPLE!!!

7. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    And whats worse....Apple has to make a photo database which takes up a whole lot more space (sometimes almost 200% more)...both on your computer AND your iPod. How the hell could that be if the pics are like 1/15th the original size??? It's madness!
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You can... open the image on your computer, crop it into a 320x480 image and set it up however you want. Then sync that image.

Yes, I know you people will all be like "We shouldn't have to do that!" but this is just a work around.
  9. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    YEAH! you are fu***g right about that
    how more retarded can it get! I synced 40 pictures which all totaled 1mb (in full resolution)

and after itunes synced the pictures it made a photo database of 100mb that's really f*****d up crapple

The iphone has one of the best if not the best photo gallery GUI

but deficiencies such a reduced photo quality, blurry downloaded images form the internet, and a ridiculous HUGE photo database which is sometimes 200% bigger than your actual photo content

makes the the iphone photo application be less useful if not worthless

ITs funny cause i have a huge media content on my ipod touch tons of videos a music but only 50 pics because i just gave up on it

heck's i almost forgot my ipod had photo capabilities lol

also there is no way to retrieve your synced pictures back from you ipod/iphone

this is something i miss from the ipod classic, your pictures where stored in their full native resolutions in the photos folder on the ipod

what the hecks is going on

is this apple trying to copyright our own photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by putting all these protections, barriers in order for us see photos on the ipod/iphone

Microsoft should make an Ad making fun of this stupid deficiency

or maybe verizon in one of the droid ads lol
    ITs not only that we SHOULDN'T!!! have to do this

by cropping the image to 320x480 like you said, we are taking quality away from the images

The picture LOSSES quality and makes the device look cheap!

and whats worse, not only we have reduced quality pics, but in top of all that itunes creates a ridiculous HUGE photo database which can be 200% bigger than your actual photo content

and we have less quality!!!
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't say that a device is cheap because the pictures you add to it are reduced in quality. I personally didn't buy an iPod Touch for pictures. Yes, they support pictures but I'm not going to add my whole photo collection to my iPod Touch. The only reason I have pictures is for my wallpaper, and the quality is perfect for me. No one's gonna really look close enough to inspect the quality of it. But hey, I'm not a big photo/camera person who takes pictures of every single thing, so maybe that's why. But you just seem to be complaining, and saying that the device is cheap because of one little thing is stupid.