sync ipod with ubuntu

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ranko95, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey guys. I dont think anyone on this forum will be able to help me but here goes...

I have an ipod touch 2g running 3.0 firmware. I am jailbroken with redsn0w 0.8

My computer is running ubuntu with gnome/kde i mostly use kde but this shouldn't matter.(letting you know just in case

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

is there anyway of syncing my ipod touch without using windows in virtualbox?

i have heard of way to do this using amarok with 1.x. I would think that it would use ssh and require a bit of editing of some files in the filesystem. But im up for the challenge.

any suggestions?
  2. peddyt

peddyt New Member

You could install pwnplayer from Cydia, then just transfer the songs to the iPhone's filesystem using SSH. Pwnplayer is a music player that behaves like the default Music.app, except it plays 'raw' music on the filesystem, not just music that is transferred from iTunes. Sort of a like a traditional MP3 player, I guess.

If you need help using ssh to transfer files, just say so

3. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Right now there is no way except a virtual box and pwn player. I would suggest making a small windows partition to sync your ipod. This is what i do now. I would suggest not using pwn player i found it really buggy when i tried to use it. I could be wrong maybe there were updates to fix the bugs.
  4. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    AFAIK amaroK could sync music but then Apple decided to encrypt the music and left us hanging.

You could create a 1 GB NTFS partition and install MicroXP on it. That's what I did. Then move your iTunes library from C: (by holding Shift) to an ext3 partition. You can access ext3 partitions using the "Ext2 Installable File System for Windows" - http://www.fs-driver.org/
  5. webmastir

webmastir Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  6. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i cannot get a good answer thats why. I guess i am stuck using vbox