Sync iPod Touch 2G on another computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, May 4, 2009.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm going to wipe my hard drive and reinstall windows because it's around that time of the year. I have an iPod touch 2g and will be downloading the newest version of itunes when im all up and running again. My question is. I saved my whole itunes library to my external hard drive. Will this include my ipod touch's backup file? When i plug my ipod into my "new" computer and import my whole library off of my external hard drive will i be good as new or what? I'm worried about losing my game saves and stuff like that...
  2. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i think if u have all of your itunes library on your ipod, then you wont need the external hard drive. And when you plug in your new ipod and press sync that window will come up asking u if u want to replace all of your itunes with that ipod or replace all of your ipod with what is on itunes. SO just press replace itunes with what is on the ipod and you should be fine. Also can u please tell me how to wipe you hard drive and reinstall windows? I have been thinking about doing this.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
  4. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    worked fine. i exported my library to my external before i redid my comp then re-added the folder to itunes. then i just resynced my ipod and clicked erase and sync all. it didnt erase anything, all it did was backup my ipod and resync it to the comp.