Sync hangs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by byronb, Jan 27, 2009.

1. byronb

byronb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've noticed in the last few days my 2g will not come out of sync after I transfer some music to it. Once the transfer is complete the ipod will just remain in sync mode and I have to physically cancel the sync by using the screen slide bar. The music is fine and the ipod is transferring correctly and all but this has me worried about the dreaded future.

I just moved some files over now and let it remain in sync mode and it would drop back to the home screen as if it were finished, then return to sync mode immediately. It did this three times before finally returning to the home screen for good. The only thing that might be causing problems here is the music files in question are about 85-100 megs and run about and hour long a piece. Could that cause sync oddities?
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Are you on the latest firmware (or at least 2.2) on your iPod and the latest iTunes?
  3. byronb

byronb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Problems were with 2.2 with latest iTunes. I have upgraded firmware since but haven't tested it out yet.
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i have the same problem. i just restarted my ipod, plugged it and synced it again. it worked fine the 2nd time around

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. HDADF

HDADF New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You might want to restore it, it will erase all your settings so better wait for a better answer or do some research before doing this.
  6. 5melly

5melly New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    for a week or two mine would hang when backing up my ipod... i finally had to restore my ipod and just for good measure i formatted the hard drive on my desktop... no problems since. wonder why it was doing that...
  7. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    maybe you are on windows? itunes really is slow on windows.